I have deep acne scars. What would be the best treatment to get rid of them? (Photo)

Would microneedling help?

Multiple treatment with fractional energy devices, subcsion and fillers.

Yes, see video below in my Web Reference - it explains in detail the different microneedling systems available.

You will also require surgical methods and also some filler like Restylane, Bellafilla or Volbella to the atrophic scars. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser dermatologist

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

This type of scarring requires a combination approach of lasers, microneedling, fillers, TCA cross and sometimes surgical removal. I suggest seeing an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Acne scars

At our practice we offer many options for the improvement in the appearance of acne scars.  

Microneedling is a safe and effective option for all skin types any time of the year. One of the benefits of microneedling is the collagen development and improvement in tone and texture.  It is a very customizable procedure and can be done in conjunction with PRP or platelet rich plasma.  Multiple treatments are usually suggested at four week intervals for best results.

CO2RE laser treatments are another option for acne scars.  Some patients see impressive improvement with one or two of these procedures which is non-ablative CO2. These treatments can be done alone, or as a part of a treatment protocol that includes other modalities such as a deep chemical peel to prep the skin.  

At home use of Retinol is suggested such as Skin Medica's Retinol 1% with strict use of sunscreen.  

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

I have deep acne scars. What would be the best treatment to get rid of them?

Hello Ninaconrad,
Thanks for your question.
There are several options for improving the look of acne scars: dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, injectable filler, and microneedling.
I think that microneedling is the best option for most patients based on cost, downtime, and outcomes.
When you can add some type of energy like RF (radiofrequency) to microneedling, as you can with the Venus Viva RF microneedling device, then the results are obtained more quickly.
That being said, I prefer microneedling over the other options.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos demonstrating acne scars, consider getting 6 session treatments of microneedling.  This should improve your skin texture and appearance.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS