I am very concerned with the bumps and creases that have been left after the lift? (Photos)

How long for the above problem to resolve? I was injured on my buttocks and left with a big scratch and later large bruising after my surgery, surgeon and staff pleaded ignorance, so I don't feel good returning to his office. Was NOT there before the surgery.

Healing and Recovery After Your Facial Procedure

First and foremost, its best to remain patient. It is still early in to your recovery. The healing process in general can take up to one month for the majority of swelling to subside, incisions to close, sutures to come out, and for bruising to completely go away. 

#Recovery time from a #facelift varies from person to person, but patients can generally expect to be presentable within three weeks from surgery. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery (swelling normally goes down after 48 hours; most bruising will go away within two weeks). The marks from a facelift can easily hidden with “camouflage” make-up which you can learn how to apply.
The scars from a facelift mature within six to twelve months from the surgery date. It is during this time that the rejuvenating effects of the facelift will become apparent and the real result will be seen. If you have certain concerns about the procedures and #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Pleats after facelift

Without knowing how long ago the procedure was done, it is difficult to give appropriate answers. Massaging these should help if the surgery was within the last 2-3 months.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps and creases on face after lift?

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• I apologize but I am a little confused as to what happened and when.
  • Your note suggests that you suffered a buttock injury while having a face lift and now are severely bruised.
  • Your photo on one side you may have a hematoma (blood clot).
  • Although everything may be fine, your truly do need an exam in person.
  • If you feel you cannot return to your surgeon, I suggest you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and if at all possible, take with you a copy of your operative note and your before photos.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Bumps after facelift

These bumps and surface irregularities are common after facelift surgery. The planes of tissue are moved and sutured so you see these bumps under the skin. They usually resolve as the area heals but it takes days to weeks. Follow up with your surgeon to ensure healing continues appropriately. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op bumps and creases

You didn't mention when you had your facelift, but the bumps and creases that you are experiencing could be related to the facelift technique that was used and may very well resolve on their own within 3-6 months. If you are still unhappy with your results at 3 months post op, schedule a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon in your area (since you don't seem to care for your initial surgeon) to be assessed. Fat grafting and/or fillers may be needed to smooth out your results.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after facelift surgery

Irregularities in the face that show up as lumps after facelift surgery can resolve over some time. It's usually due to the imbrication or plication of the SMAS tissue. If it doesn't resolve after 3 months, the area can be fat grafted or fillers can be used to smooth out the appearance. Rarely a revision facelift can be done. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps and lines after facelift

Thank you for the question and the photos. Depending on the technique used for your facelift, the contour abnormalities that you describe may be related to sutures. Generally, if this is the case, this will improve over time as the sutures dissolve and the tissue settles. If it doesn't, you may need a revision to "iron out" the issues with how the face was redraped during the surgery. Given your other issues with the surgical experience, I recommend seeking a second opinion. Take care!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am very concerned with the bumps and creases that have been left after the lift?

Hello fwartist,

Without knowing when your surgery occurred, this likely simply represents swelling taking place.  After a facelift there is swelling that occurs.  As that swelling begins to subside you will see various contour irregularities because the swelling disappears at different rates in different places.  As the swelling resolves these go away.  I'm sorry to hear you were not pleased with your original surgeon, but follow up in the post operative period is very important to minimize the risks of having a bad cosmetic outcome.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon