I have no cleavage when it comes to my chest and I have DD38. Is there any way I could get a surgery to get cleavage?

When I was 3 years old I had heart surgery twice the scar was a line down my best and it's held my chest together where I don't have obvious cleavage they're superstar but no gap like what cleavage has. Is there anyway I could get cleavage I can't wear any bikini where it doesn't look awkward

Doctor Answers 7

You will need to be seen and evaluated

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There may be ways to help you. However definitive answer requires evaluation and examination. Options may range from using your own breasts to reposition tissues into cleavage since you do have large breasts OR using implants.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Horndeski Method to achieve cleavage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.

Take a look at the video attached and see what can now be achieved using this method. Breast implants are never required to achieve upper pole fullness or improved cleavage with the Horndeski Method. Incisions are hidden around the areola and in the infra-mammary fold. Also, the vertical component most women find as a "deal breaker" is not necessary with this method.

I hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 230 reviews

Is there any way I could get a surgery to get cleavage?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  Since your cup size is 38DD, it doesn't appear that volume is the problem in your case; it's more about re-positioning the tissue to create more cleavage.  This can be achieved with a mastopexy (breast lift).  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Breast implants help create cleavage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is difficult to definitively let you know how implants can help with creating cleavage, but usually it helps, especially with a well fitting bra. Sometimes scar tissue can cause some issues, and a physical exam and breast measurements will determine what type of implants could help you. I advise that you seek a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience with a wide range of implant types. Good luck with your decision.

I have no cleavage when it comes to my chest and I have DD38. Is there any way I could get a surgery to get cleavage?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Breast implants under the chest muscle can increase breast fullness. However implants alone drop and do not create cleavage after settling. However wearing a push up bra or bikini after you have implants can create cleavage.

Can I get cleavage?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear kruss94,
Some women have such small breasts that when they push the breasts together (simulating a push up bra) either nothing happens or there is a wide space still between the breasts. Because you are starting off as a 38DD, the volume does not sound to be a problem, but more how low the volume sits. It may be that a breast lift or mastopexy is all you need. It is possible that fat transfer or an implant might also be needed, but at 38DD I can't imagine wanting to be larger. The recommendations are based on your exam, and I have met many patients where an implant was recommended up front when it wasn't really needed and added expense and size that could have been avoided. It can always be added later (as can fat transfer) to the lifted result if it is truly important.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

In Search of Cleavage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question.  It is possible that breast augmentation and possible lift would help with meeting your post operative goals.  Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to begin this discussion.  Finding a surgeon with 3D imaging device (such as Vectra) would be very beneficial in your case.  

Wishing you the very best,
Steven Camp MD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 120 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.