I had BA 2 years ago and one is significantly higher than the other. What can I do to fix this? (Photo)

I noticed this 2+ years after my surgery and love the right one (the one that dropped) but would the left one (the larger one) to drop as well. What do I do?

Asymmetry 2 years after breast augmentation

Unfortunately, your photo doesn't allow for a complete assessment.  A physical exam would also be necessary.  That being said, if the left side is soft, then you probably only need a capsulotomy to release the lower part of the left pocket, allowing the left implant to drop.  However, if the left implant is firm and tight, then you likely have a capsular contracture.  This will require a more involved surgery to correct.  Please consult with an experienced plastic surgeon in your area.  

Post operative asymmetry

If your implant hasn't dropped by now, it won't, without a surgical procedure to release the lower pole of the scar.  If your implants are soft but high, then you do not have capsular contracture and could likely be evened out with a relatively simple capsulotomy procedure.  If the implant has become hard and is high, then you have contracture and you may require additional surgical techniques.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Hi, SK2013.  At two years, your implants will not "drop" or settle more.  From your photo, it seems like you have capsular contracture on the left.  Please visit your plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person. Best regards.

Breast implant revision surgery after breast augmentation

Your pictures do not allow for a true evaluation of your current situation. Please be so kind as to resubmit better photos from the side views of each side and from the front. Ideally, have someone else take the photos so that you can rest your arms at your sides.

You may surgery on one side or both. It depends on what your goals are.

Best wishes

High riding implant after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon for one implant to not drop after surgery.  It is important to know whether this occurred right after surgery or two years out.  Were your implants always asymmetric?  Either way you will need either a partial or total removal of the capsule to reposition the implant.  Hope this helps.  Good Luck.

Breast Asymmetry

At 2 years after surgery it is unlikely that you will see any resolution to your asymmetry. It would be wise to follow up with your surgeon to review your pre-op photos and also have a breast exam. You may find that the left breast was significantly higher pre-op which has led to the asymmetry. Your surgeon will also be able to tell if you have developed a capsular contracture (or tightening of the scar tissue around the left implant) causing to to rise up.
There may be multiple options available to improve your symmetry with further surgery so I would start with your initial surgeon. If you would like to get more opinions be sure to get a record of your pre-op photos and operative report to help other physicians with their understanding of your current concerns.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

You might need a revision

Sometimes scar tissue will encompass implant and stop it from dropping.  In those situations a surgical release of scar is required. This might be the case in your case.  You will need to be evaluated to be sure.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Asymmetry

Hello. Based on your photo, it appears you may have a capsular contracture of the left breast implant. At this point, 2 years after surgery, your implants will not "drop" more.  A capsular contracture usually requires removal of the capsule and replacement of the implant. I advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for evaluation. Good luck.

Asymmetric distribution of breast implant volume 2 years after augmentation is usually due to capsular contracture.

From the picture it looks as though there may be capsular contracture on the left side that is artificially supporting the volume of the implant. If that's the case it should feel firmer than the opposite side. There is treatment for this including surgical revision.

Implant removal and replacement

It appears that you have a capsular contracture, which would need to be treated with bilateral capsulectomy with removal and replacement of the implants.