Does this bulge look normal for 5 months PO tummy tuck? (Photo)

I had a Tummy tuck 5 months ago but have a large bulge. The last time I went to the dr he said to come back in 2 months. He said it might be fat from pulling the skin down and he might have to do some lipo. I still can't fit into the jeans I wore before surgery. Before surgery I never had cellulite on my legs. Now they are covered and so are my arms. I've been working out everyday. I can feel a 6 pack under the skin. When you get to the bulge it feels like rough mashed potatoes.

After tummy tuck

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. It looks like there is still some exra skin that might require revision surgery. Tak to your plastic surgeon about your concern.
Regards.

Dr. Milla

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck bulge

It would be helpful to know what techniques were used in your surgery. Was this a mini tummy tuck with an umbilical float? Was there liposuction involved? Was there any muscle work? Has your weight been stable since before surgery? It does seem that there is some redundant skin and fat below your belly button. Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon about tummy tuck revision.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Does this bulge look normal for 5 months PO tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you have some excess fat and skin at the lower end of your abdominal flap.  This usually can be addressed with either liposuction or a tummy tuck revision.  Be sure to discuss this issue at length with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Bulge after tummy tuck

There are a few reasons why you have the fullness over the central and lower abdomen after tummy tuck;
1. Excess fat that was not contoured or liposuctioned; you clearly have this.
2. The abdominal wall was not tightened adequately; hard to know without an exam but you likely have this as well

Although liposuction alone will give you some improvement, it is my opinion that you need a revision with re-tightening of the abdominal wall, and contouring of the abdomen. There is no connection between the cellulite in the legs and the tummy tuck.

Matthias Solomon, MD