Will I need a breast lift or just augmentation with implants? (Photo)

I want to restore the fullness in the upper part of my breast. To create cleavage. I have quite a bit of my own breast tissue but would like them to be a full DD. I breastfed my son for two years and I want to feel more comfortable about my breasts. I noticed just from these photos my right breast seems to be a bit smaller. I am looking for a surgeon within the next 6 months. Thanks so much

Nipple Asymmetry

Dear natalee722,

Your breast on the left side of this photograph (I do not know if this was taken in a mirror or not) looks satisfactory for simply doing breast augmentation. The nipple looks well above the inframammary fold underneath and so would respond well. On the other hand, the nipple which is lower down needs some type of lift, and you would be a good candidate for minimizing the scars and simply doing a nipple areola crescent lift on that side for symmetry. This would involve a small scar that blends nicely on the visual break spot between the normal skin and areola skin from the 8 o’clock position to 4 o’clock.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  If you are looking to improve the upper pole fullness of your breasts, it appears that you could undergo an augmentation alone.  However, this will not lift your breasts nor will it correct for the asymmetry that you present.  Please be evaluated in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Augmentation with Lift to Correct Ptosis and Restore Fullness

You may benefit from a #mastopexy or breast lift. which is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding.
However, many patients report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. This is better known as an Augmentation Mastopexy, or, a Breast Augmentation with Lift. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be have decreased with weight loss, pregnancies and breastfeeding.  In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back on the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants.

Further, your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape and size of the #implants to be used. It's important to know what size bra you currently wear. Is it a 32, 34, 36 bra, and, of course, the cup size? The strap size is important to know because that affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that we choose. It is also very helpful to know your height, your weight, and your dress size as well. All these can be considered when discussing your #options.

Will I need a breast lift or just augmentation with implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos (mild pseudoptosis it appears) and the size (large) that you're going for, you can do the breast augmentation with a dual plane technique without the need for a lift.  If you would also like to have more symmetrical areola positions in relation to each other, a periareolar mastopexy (scars around the areola only) can be performed.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with Implants

Dear Natalee,
Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video and link below explains the dual plane internal lift. I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you, and that you will not need a lift. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Based on your photos and that of your wish look, you can easily obtain the wish contour with implants alone using a dual plane placement technique. but that will still leave one areola lower than the other. If you want the areolas more symmetrically placed a simple periareolar lift is all that is necessary on the lower areola. That is an areola lift, not a beast lift.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast options

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures.  I believe you will need both a lift and implant to reproduce the shape of result you have posted.  There are many great surgeon in Dallas/ Fort Worth who can consult.  On my webite are some 3-D animation videos which may be helpful in visualizing your choices.  

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift.A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, your surgeon will determine on a personal consultation how your scar’s going to be and where depending on your breast tissue amount, I suggest you to check testers with your surgeon about sizes and type of implant, Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD