Bellafill for my acne scars? (photos)

is my skin too severely scarred to be a candidate? I realize the generic answer is that a consultation would be necessary but I also like honesty because I've had my struggle with this for a while and I'm not looking to be taken for a ride anymore. I have a hard time trusting dermatologists because in the past it's been unsuccessful with dealing with my acne. I've done some research and I'm hearing a lot of good things about bellafill. photos are from June 20th 2016. Thank you for response

Bellafill and Acne Scars

Many of your scars appear to be relatively soft and box car like. This is the type of scar that gets the best result with Bellafill. You are like many patients we see who have had numerous treatments for their acne scars and they feel like noting has helped them very much. Invariably, those that have Bellafill for their acne scars are impressed with the immediate results and love the fact that they will not have to have their treatment again.

I have added a video about filler safety as well as a web reference for you where you can find information and lots of before and after photos.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill for acne scars

Bellafill can be used to improve acne scars, but not all acne scars.  There are certain types of scars that can be improved with the treatment and others that cannot.  In general, wide, shallow scars that are distensible are the scars that can be improved with Bellafill.  As you mentioned, an exam is really needed to determine which scars on your face might be improved with Bellafill.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too severe for #Bellafill?

Dear aScarredFace:  No, you are not in any way too severe for Bellafill! I would recommend combining #Bellafill with #microneedling with#PRP, especially with the #EclipseMicropen. The Microneedling with PRP will improve all types of scars, including pitted scars, while the Bellafill will correct your shallow scars.   All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Belafill and acne scars

I agree with my colleagues that often times the greatest improvement is achieved by treating scars with multiple different therapies, including laser resurfacing, needling, and fillers such as belafill.  As you may be aware, Belafill is recommended for the treatment of a specific type of acne scar, the boxcar scar.  These tend to be somewhat pliable.  I good predictor of a response to injections is to apply some light tension on the skin by distracting two fingers around the scar.  If this tension improves the appearance of the scar, it is likely that the filler will, as well.  Good luck as you consider treatment options!

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill for Acne Scars

Thank you for your question and photos.

From the photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for Bellafill to improve your scarring. A combination of procedures such as Bellafill, microneedling, and/or Co2 resurfacing may also be recommended upon consultation.

Best of Luck,

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Bellafill works fill the scar and induce collagen long term. I suggest getting combination treatment with lasers, microneedling and subcision for the best results. Best, Dr. Emer.