Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I have 2 kids both were c section I love to work out but I have the belly pouch I cannot get rid of and it's really stressing me out I also have stretch marks that don't look too bad my belly button bothers me most the thing is I don't have a lot of loose skin would I be able to get a tummy tuck or can i just fix my belly button and about how much would I cost me?

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

If you have a big belly that makes you unhappy and you are not happy about the look of it, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Tummy Tuck Candidate.

The price is dependent on many factors - is it a mini, full or extended abdominoplasty such as a fleur de lis pattern where redundant skin is removed from the center as well as the bottom of the abdomen? Is it skin only or does it include tightening of the muscles? Will Liposuction also be necessary? Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay or in an independent out-patient facility? Will a surgical assistant be needed? Will a board-certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used? Will an (anti) pain pump be used?
All of these factors influence the cost. In Orange County, the estimated range is $7000- $15,000+ depending on the variables above.

#tummytuck
#TT
#tummytuckcost
#findingthebestplasticsurgeon

Am I a good candidate for a TT?

It is always difficult to tell without seeing the patient but from the photos I think you are a good candidate for TT.  Even though you dont have alot of loose skin your muscles have been stretcehd from 2 pregnancies.  Your resulst will be very good and the belly button can be recontoured.

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Congratulations on your kiddos! It's difficult to tell without an exam in person if a tummy tuck or just liposuction is the best solution for you. It doesn't look like you have a significant excess of skin or loss of elasticity. It's hard to see any stretch marks in the photos. Depending on these findings during your exam, you may be a candidate for either procedure.  Umbilicoplasty (fixing the belly button) can be done without a full abdominoplasty.  Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Looking at the photos i feel you are a great candidate for TT surgery. It is the best way to get rid of the belly pouch and they can improve your belly button as well within the same procedure.Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck candidate?

Thanks for yuor inquiry and excellent pictures.  I think you are a good candidate to discuss abdominal contouring.  Unfortunately, without an exam it is hard to assess your musles.  If your muscles are widely separated, you will need to consider a full tummy tuck. There are many excellent surgeon in your area, go have an in person consultation to be evaluated.  Good Luck.   

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

There are a variety of surgical procedures or combinations that can produce good results in patients with abdominal laxity, depending on multiple factors including their anatomy and degree of desired improvement: A mini tummy tuck, an umbilical float modified tummy tuck, a full abdominoplasty. Each of these can be performed with or without liposuction. They produce different degrees of improvement.

An abdominoplasty should be delayed until you have finished all of your pregnancies.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and belly button revision

Your concerns are very common for women after having children and C-section surgery. In order to remove the "pouch" a tummy tuck would definitely get rid of that. During a tummy tuck procedure, the stomach muscles which separate during pregnancy can be repaired which gets rid of the pouch. In addition, any extra skin is removed and the belly button is placed in the natural position. The belly button can be revised at this time. Remember with a tummy tuck, that there is an incision placed hipbone to hipbone so you are trading a flat stomach for a scar (which would be placed low so that you cannot see when wearing a bikini).  I typically mark the patient's stomach so that they can show me how low their bathing suit or underwear usually is. I hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck

Hi bravo313, thank you for your question and photos. It appears you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck. My suggestion is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with body contouring procedures. They will be able to examine you and determine which procedure is the best fit for you. Best of luck to you.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck candidate

Thank you for the question and photographs. It is important to understand that pictures cannot take the place of an in-person examination. Having said that, from your pictures it would appear as though you would benefit from tummy tuck, if not at least a mini tummy tuck, to improve the appearance of your abdomen. The tummy tuck will address any laxity of the abdominal muscle wall, loose skin, and a good bit of the stretch marks, particularly those below the bellybutton.

I would recommend that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person examination and a discussion of your goals. I hope this helps. Best wishes.