Am I a good candidate for a reduction and lift with HP implants? Is there any way to eliminate the birthmark? (Photo)

I would love to get a lift and a reduction with a high profile implants so to match what I typically look like in a bra. Is this possible for me with my anatomy? I would like the areola reduced to about 30%. What incisions would be optimal for this?

Am I a good candidate for a reduction and lift with HP implants? Is there any way to eliminate the birthmark?

Thank you for your question, clearly your best result would be breast augmentation with a full lift.  It can be done as one stage or two.  Since your areolas are so large, one stage may make it more difficult to remove as much of the areola.  Remember, implants add volume and less skin is removed.  Therefore, if you do this in 2 stages, do the breast lift first as more of the areola can be removed.  Certainly no order of surgery could remove all of the birthmark, but clearly some of it.  I would encourage you to have a vertical lift with breast implants, as a vertical lift not only has less length of scar beneath the fold but gives a better shape and lasts longer.  I hope you find this information helpful.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

You are certainly a candidate for breast lift with implants. This is a challenging procedure and I recommend you consult an experienced aesthetic breast surgeon. I favor the vertical or 'lollipop' mastopexy. The profile of the implant would depend on your chest measurements and the size of the implant. All the best.

Anchor pattern breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on the extensive breast sagging, an anchor pattern breast lift would be advised.  This would raise your breasts and nipple position and make your breasts perkier and rounder and reduce the size of your areola.  Implants can be placed at the same time or staged about 3 months later to increase upper pole fullness.  Combining this extensive lift with implants at the same time does increase surgical risks like skin necrosis and nipple loss however.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implants and areola reduction

Hello, thanks for your question, an inverted T would be te remaining scar, this is because excess skin should be removed from your breast to perform a good lift and not leaving any excess tissue, implants cam also give a better shape. Leaving a small areola will excise the mlst of that birth mark. Feel free to contact me for mor info. 

Regards.

Kemil Issa, MD

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a wise pattern breast lift. Your nipple sits below the inframammary fold and without a lift in addition to the implant, this will not have a natural shape.  A wise pattern lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lift first; augmentation later

Thanks for your question. The shape of the breast necessitates doing a lift first along with an areolar reduction. An augmentation with an implant can be done at a later time, but there is too much ptosis to safely and accurately do it at one time. Consideration could be given to adding some fat at the time of the lift. This could be done with liposuction of the hips or abdomen. The width of your areola might make it difficult to remove all the excess pigment at the initial surgery. I would attempt to use a vertical reduction pattern (lollipop) but there might be too much skin excess; in which case the anchor pattern would be used. An exam and measurements would be necessary to choose the best pattern. I think you will be very happy in the end, but your case is tricky and will benefit from the staged approach. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Based on your photographs, I would likely offer you a staged approach;  initial breast reduction/lifting procedure, followed by a second stage breast augmentation   The areola can be reduced during the breast lifting procedure.  Much of the birthmark would be removed as well.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Working together you will come up with a good plan. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question and photo.  You appear to be a good candidate for an anchor breast lift with areola reduction and submuscular breast augmentation with implants.  Because of the degree of ptosis you will need the incisions and scarring associated with an anchor lift.  Size and shape of implant will be based on a measurement of the base width of your breast which will be measured by your board certified plastic surgeon.  For more information please read below:

Breast options

Thanks for your inquiry.  If you were my patient I would recommend a staged surgical approach.  At step 1 you would have a full mastopexy with areolar reduction and reduction of skin.  The scars will be an anchor pattern.  After three months you could have a breast augmentation to increase size and fullness.  I believe the birthmark you are referring to is on your left breast and part of it would be removed.  

Breast lift with augmentation

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. If you'd like to increase your breast size you could do so easily at the same time with an implant. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon