Am I a good candidate for a mommy makeover? (Photo)

I am a 27 year old mother of 4. I've had 4 c-sections and a tubal ligation. During my last c-section my uterus was found to be already open while my obstetrician was operating I had lost a good amount of blood and I had to receive 2 units of blood. Now 7 months later my b/p is back to normal. I have lost some baby weight and I am wanting a mommy makeover to improve my abdominal muscle tone and relieve lower back pain. My last day of pregnancy weight was 293lbs and I am 261lbs today. I am 5'3".

Mommy Makeover - Get rid of the "baby weight"

I think that you will really enjoy having the excess "baby weight" removed.  The best results are achieved when you can get closer to your preferred body weight, so when you reach this, then you should come in for a consultation!  Best of luck!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover after pregnancy

First of all congratulations on your weight loss so far! That is quite an accomplishment. In order to achieve the best results possible and minimize possible complications due to your current BMI of 44, more weight loss is needed. You are on the right track!
If you are done with your pregnancies; consider a TT with mesh reinforcement to help maintain a flat tummy and help you with additional weight loss. You will also benefit from a more current breast lifting technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift method which lifts, reshapes and provides upper pole fullness without the extra cost, risks and complications associated with breast implants. There is no vertical incision that weakens the lift and it is more aesthetically pleasing. Take a look below.

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your weight loss! It is not easy to lose weight, especially after having 4 children!

I recommend patients be within 10-15 pounds of their goal weight prior to surgery. Also, having a BMI within normal limits drastically decreases risks with surgery. Your safety is always the first priority.

Once you are closer to your goal weight, I would love the opportunity to meet with you in person! Regardless, I recommend you find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. You will absolutely love your results. Congratulations again, and best of luck!

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question. I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Once you have lost some additional weight, please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination who specializes in body contouring. Ask to see before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

In order to have the best results with your mommy makeover procedure, shedding as much of your weight prior to surgery will give you the best result. Your Body mass index currently is 46.2. In order to get the best looking result safely, your BMI ideally should be 30 or less, however, a BMI of 35 or less may be acceptable depending upon the distribution of your fat and excess skin. In order for your BMI to be at least 35, your weight would have to be closer to 200 pounds prior to your procedure. It is best to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon who perform many breast and body procedures to examine you and determine your candidacy for this procedure. 

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a mommy makeover?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your height and weight, your Body Mass Index (BMI) is over 46 (morbid obesity) and puts you at increased risk for complications with surgical healing, anesthesia, blood clots (deep vein thrombosis) and poor aesthetic result.  In my practice, this procedure is performed on patients with a BMI under 35.  It would probably be best if you got your weight down with diet and exercise before proceeding with this elective cosmetic surgery.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

You will be a great candidate for the Mommy Makeover, but not yet. In order to get the best possible results, which I am sure you will want, you need to hold off on surgery until your BMI is below 30, the lower the better for good results. At 5'3" that would equate to a weight of 170# And at 150# the results would be far superior. The limitation on what we can achieve lies in what you bring us to work with. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I think you will eventually be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover to address your stomach and breast concerns.  It appears that a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist as well as a breast lift would help you regain your pre-pregnancy figure.  If you are now done with your family I would first  recommend following a healthy diet and exercise regimen until you reach your desired goal weight. This weight should be one where you are comfortable at, and can maintain, as weight fluctuations will affect your long-term results. Any weight loss before surgery will not only be in your best interest from a safety point of view, but also in obtaining the best cosmetic results. Hope this helps.