I am a size G. I want to be a large D. I want my breast perky and fullness on top. Lost fullness after having 2 kids. Advice?

Breast reduction after 2 kids

You, along with many moms, have experienced a loss in breast fullness and perkiness after childbirth and breast feeding. A breast reduction can be a very rewarding procedure for you! Without seeing pictures of you or examining you in person, it is difficult to give specific surgical advice. I recommend you find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast reduction procedures. During a consultation, the surgeon can examine you and learn more about your goals for surgery. After the consultation you will have a better idea of exactly what surgery is best for you. Good luck!

Reduction

A reduction mammaplasty will both reduce and lift your breasts.  It can result in a smaller perkier breast that you desire.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Achieving goals with breast reduction surgery…

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.
Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.
Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.
When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.
To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “large D cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Make sure you also achieve realistic expectations during the preoperative consultations, when it comes to "perkiness and fulness".

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.