Is better treatment for fat and inch loss the Zerona laser or Coolsculpting? What will be more effective?

I weigh 154 pounds and 5'7. I am exercising and eating healthy and want to be 140 by my wedding in August. I want inches and fat off my stubborn bottom stomach and don't know what will be more effective.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting vs. Zerona

Thank you for your question. There are different treatment procedures to help remove fat. Coolscuplting is a noninvasive approach to remove 25% fat permanently. Laser Lipo is a minimally invasive approach to remove at least 50% subcutaneous fat. It depends on your goal and expectations. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to give you the best treatment plan. I hope this helps!

CoolSculpting versus Zerona

The science behind CoolSculpting is superb.  Consistent and reproducible reduction in fat layer thickness is produced by CoolSculpting treatment.  Zerona Is far less predictable and I would strongly suggest CoolSculpting as an alternative if you are Examined by someone who is exttremely experienced in administering CoolSculpting and that provider feels you are an excellent candidate.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting vs Zerona

After researching several technologies to reduce fat, I decided to offer Coolsculpting over the Zerona  Thereafter we have used  Coolsculpting for fat reduction in my practice with consistent success. 

Wayne Foster, MD, FACS
Toms River Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Stubborn Fat

CoolSculpting is the ideal treatment for those fat pockets that is stubborn even to diet and exercise. CoolSculpting uses cryolipolysis, the non-invasive cooling of fat cells to induce lipolysis without damage to other tissues or structures. Precise cooling provides safety by only affecting fat cells while sparing skin, nerves and muscle. The fat cells that have undergone CoolSculpting die off and gradually get released from the body, resulting in fat layer reduction.

Is Zerona or CoolSculpting more effective?

I do perform CoolSculpting but have not used Zerona.  In my research, I felt CoolSculpting was a better treatment than Zerona, which is why I offer CoolSculpting and not Zerona to my patients.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon