Can a surgical scar on the forehead be removed with laser treatments? (photo)

I had a cyst removed and I was left with an ugly scar on my forehead. I'm wondering what treatment would be best to remove it. I don't think I could handle the emotional strain of having actual scar revision so I am hoping perhaps something like laser is a possibility

Scar on Face -- fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP, subcision

Facial scarring can improved with subcision, fillers, medical tattooing and laser treatment or surgical removal. I suggest you speak to an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Can a surgical scar on the forehead be removed with laser treatments?

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend a multi-prong approach to improvement with a good skin care regimen that incorporates retinol and chemical peels, as well as subcision of the scar with filler placement underneath the areas of depression.  You will see gradual improvement and it avoids the need for a scar revision.  Later on if the appearance is improved with fillers, fat grafting can be performed for more permanent results.  Hope this helps.

Laser for treating scars

Hi-Laser treatments, in particular, fractional resurfacing lasers (such as Fraxel), can help to make the scar less obvious but it may take multiple treatments over several months. Combining laser treatment with filler injections can be useful too if the scar is very depressed.

Jennifer Chwalek, MD