My stomach hurts due to the nonstop coughing and my tt, bilateral liposuction and hernia repair was on 10/13. Please help

I have been coughing non stop since last night and my stomach hurts so much! I have been taking my antibiotics and Advil for the pain and discomfort and I was wondering if my stitches would damage?

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Coughing After Abdominoplasty

Coughing is a very intense workout on the abdominal muscles! After hernia and/or abdominoplasty, it is possible to pop stitches and cause damage to the repair. You should contact your board certified plastic surgeon right away for examination and advice.

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Coughing and tummy tuck

It is important after a tummy tuck especially if the muscle was tightened, to avoid coughing and heavy lifting as this can disrupt the muscle repair. However, the repair is generally strong and quite a bit of force is needed to undo this. Speak to your plastic surgeon and have him evaluate the reason for your cough and address this with the appropriate treatment/medications. 

Matthias Solomon, MD

My stomach hurts due to the nonstop coughing and my tt, bilateral liposuction and hernia repair

Thank you for your question. I recommend you talk to your PS for change of meds and to control cough. He/she will evaluate and see everything is OK