Had nose surgery for bulbous tip, yet after surgery, still looks extremely swollen exactly two weeks post-op (Photo)

I just had rhinoplasty done for my nose which had a huge bulbous tip as shown in first two photos and the other is after shots, but i am concerned about the area underneath my nose and my bulbous tip still looks big.. i understand swelling, but will it really subside that much? and will the bulbous tip get smaller...?

Swelling after Bulbous Nasal Tip Reduction

Thanks for the question.  Your swelling appears to be about average for a bulbous tip reduction.  The lower third of the nose often takes the longest for resolution of swelling.  Just give it some more time and it should resolve on its own.

Bulbous tip after surgery

Edema after surgery on the nose especially in the tip area can make it look bubbles.  If it persists for up to 1 month after surgery than steroid injections can certainly help.
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

You are very early in the healing process. The skin on the nose act likes a sponge. It will stay swollen for almost a year. It takes a long time to see your final results.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Swelling

At 2 weeks out you still have significant swelling.  It can take up to a full year to see the delicate detail of the nose that your surgeon created.  Your swelling will likely subside and you'll be happy with your result (but time will tell).  Continue to follow closely with your surgeon and follow their recommendations.  Best of luck!

-Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Post-Operative Concerns

Thank you for your question.  At two weeks out from surgery, you will certainly have quite a bit of swelling, which can account for the bulbosity in the tip.  This swelling is completely normal, and will take some time to resolve. I would be sure to mention your concerns to your surgeon, as he/she knows exactly how your procedure was performed.  With time, however, your tip should settle into its new shape.  I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon