23 and still not sure what can be done to my boobs. Reduction or lift? (Photo)

I have a consult set for November 11th to talk about a breast reduction. Im a 34D but from every thing I've been reading, that may be too small for a reduction? I'd ideally like to be a B, maybe small C with smaller and higher nipples. You can't even see the tattoo udr Right anymore. I've never had perky boobs and I always fight with swimsuits and bras. I just want them gone at this point. Is it possible for me to get a fully perky, bralette wear-able boobs? I need to know how to prepare for this consult.

23 and still not sure what can be done to my boobs. Reduction or lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs and descriptions of goals I think you will benefit from breast reduction surgery. This operation should serve to achieve your desired breast size, improve breast position on your chest wall, and improve your breast symmetry.

When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.

To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. 

Then,  careful communication of your goals will be key. With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “proportionate” or “B or C cup” or "fully, perky" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Lift or reduction

You would benefit from a reduction of the larger size and at least a lift on the smaller one to achieve symmetry.  The techniques for both operations are comparable. It's important for your surgeon to understand your goals and to take your feelings/body image into account.  Under the old insurance criteria, you would have qualified for coverage; depending on your insurance carrier, this is less likely to be approved.  Best wishes.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. The two procedures are essentially the same except that one makes the breast smaller by removing tissue. It helpful to understand that every reduction will get a lift but not every lift gets a reduction and this is simply a matter of a patient's desire to alter her breast or cup size. There are also different techniques which can be utilized with the anchor or wise pattern being the most common, however, in your case, I think you do quite well with a lollipop approach. I tend to use the SPAIR technique.  Be aware that because your reduction volume may not meet criteria, the insurance company will likely consider your procedure cosmetic and not cover breast reduction surgery. I would invite you to visit the video link below which thoroughly discuss the details of a breast lift vs. Reduction and the different techniques that are used in surgery. I would also consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the various types of breast surgery. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction versus breast lift

Hi, you can definitely get a reduction if you'd like to reduce your size.  The same incisions are used for both a breast lift and a breast reduction, and as much or as little tissue as you'd like can be removed through those incisions.  It sounds like you are more inclined towards a small or moderate reduction, and if you let your plastic surgeon know your concerns, he or she will be able to guide you at the time of your consultation.  Best wishes.

Lift or reduction?

The operation you choose should fit your body as a whole.  It's not just about breasts.  If you are 5'3" or taller, then I recommend a lift, with a small reduction on the larger side.  You are young, with good skin elasticity and should have a beautiful result--until you decide to have kids.  Then your breasts will change again as you lacate.and stretch the skin envelope.  If you plan to have kids in the near future, this should be factored into your timing of surgery.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction or lift

The two procedures are similar. Once you have removed enough tissue, then a lift becomes a reduction. Of course, you can have a small or large reduction. From your pictures a reduction which will also give you a lift will benefit you most. I would recommend having a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to review your goals and gain realistic expectations for your outcome

Reduction vs lift.

The base determinate for a breast reduction (insurance covered) and a breast lift (cosmetic) is how much tissue is removed. The procedures and subsequent scars are similar. The number of grams to be removed is based on your end desires and your height and weight to see if enough tissue can be removed and still leave enough to meet your goals. 

There is more to a surgery than the actually operation. This includes understanding your end goals as well as what it takes to help you prepare and heal from the surgical procedure. I like to take a comprehensive approach for total body wellness for life, not just a one time surgery. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

You can have a breast reduction but like you said, it probably would not be covered by insurance. Best of luck. I would probably perform a vertical mammoplasty with limited incisions leaving a lollipop appearance.

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Reduction or lift?

To get the result that you desire, you would need a breast lift.  A breast lift and a breast reduction are very similar, as both can reduce the size of your breasts and lift them to a perkier position on the chest.  Talk to your plastic surgeon about the lift and whether or not you would want to add a small implant to make your breasts even more perky.  good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon