Should I have had a breast lift along with the implants? (Photo)

I previously posted a question which has been answered by very generous and kind surgeons , thank you! I guess my real question is since I did not have a lift performed ( probably should have ) , will I most likely be disappointed with my results and what can I do now about it? It seems I have "snoopy nose". I was a sagging D before and I had 700 cc silicone put in under the muscle. I have seen my surgeon and he assures me with time they will come down and look how they should .. but will they??

Lift needed post augment?

Hello!The implants take  a year to settle fully. The implants will not be lifting your breast though - significant change is not expected. It is unlikely you will see a mastopexy-like effect develop. You should definitely allow time to pass since the augment, and if you want the breasts centered more around the implant, you will require a formal breastlift. There is no harm in staging these procedures. The result will actually be even better if performed in stages.Best of luck!

Implants dropping with time

Give it several months.  The weight of the 700 cc, which is large, will eventually help the implants settle into a more natural position.  So, things will improve.  I do not think they will improve enough where you will be satisfied, but you can always add a lift at a later procedure.  If indeed they do not look appropriate in several months, your surgeon should offer this at a discounted rate as a revision.
I know it is difficult to do, but try to be patient, as you are so close from surgery.  Things will get better.  And then, you can assess the situation again.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Your implants may come down a bit more, but I do not think that will be enough. I would give it 3-6 moths for the implants to settle completely and evaluate. I think you will want a lift then. Good luck.

Breast lift

I think I answered your question the other day. It looks like you might have needed a breast lift at the same time as your implants. 

Breast lift after Augmentation

If your surgery was very recent, you can expect to see changes in your breast shape as things start to settle.  Try and be patient over the next few months and give it time to see how things look after your implants settle. You will still have a mature look to your breasts, but may not have quite as much fullness in the top as you now have.  If you are still unhappy after a few months have passed, you could certainly talk to your surgeon about going back and doing a lift.  Good luck!

Ian Lonergan, DO
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Changes after breast augmentation

As your dressings are still in place, it appears that you are very early in the healing phase.  You can expect the implants to migrate to their final position in the next couple of months.  Nevertheless, a 700cc implant is very large.  It may place you at an increased risk of capsular contracture and ptosis (drooping of the breast).  Both of which may require further implant changes and mastopexy (breast lift) in the future.

Jarrod Little, MD

Post breast augmentation

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank you for your inquiry and for providing pictures. I would have to agree that a breast lift would have given you a much more aesthetically pleasing result. but don't worry, it can still be done. Wait at least 3 - 4 months and consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Be sure to provide necessary information about your previous surgery. Best of Luck.

Should I have had a breast lift along with the implants?

Thank you for your question.  Although implants do settle down over the first few months, it is unlikely to correct this problem.  I do agree that you would have benefited from a breast lift in addition to the implants.  Allow 3 months to pass before getting a better idea about your appearance and then you can decide whether to get a breast lift later on.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Lift would be helpful

Thank you for your question and photos. From what I can see, you appear to be early in your healing process.  You will likely get some settling of your implants, but not enough to allow the nipples to rise up over the breast mound.  From your preop photo, you would have certainly benefited from a combined breast lift.   At this point, it is best to let your body recover and see where your implants end up.  A delayed breast lift could then be performed as early as 3-6 months after your initial surgery. Best wishes.MHS