Too Much Juvederm ultra xc in lower lip? (photos)

One week ago exactly I had Juvederm xc injection in my laugh lines and into my upper lip. After a week, I returned to my doctor and had some more Juvederm placed into my lower lip. After the injections. I swelled immediately, a little bit more than when I had my upper lip. As expected, I look insane on day two, but seeing how I was right after the injections, I worry I'll look to heavy on the bottom and now the doctor has left the country for a month. Was it too much Juvederm on my lower lip?

Too Much Lower Lip Juvederm?

It will take 2-3 weeks for the swelling to go down. At that time, you can reevaluate if you need to reverse the fullness with hyaluronidase or keep what you have. The swelling will come down gradually. In the meanwhile, you can take arnica and bromelain herbal supplements to help hasten your healing. Make sure to follow up with your doctor when s/he returns. That is an adequate amount of time to pass to see where your lips have settled. 

Sacramento Physician

Lip Fillers

I am sorry to hear about your concerns. It is very early on and it can take about 2 weeks to see optimal results from filler and for the swelling to reside.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Lip filler - when to judge the results

You are judging your result too soon.  You should definitely wait two weeks from the most recent injection.  Hopefully, with more swelling gone, you will love your result.  In the worst case scenario, your filler can be dissolved with Vitrase. 

Best of luck.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Fillers in lip

The lips are very sensitive to fillers and I usually tell patients to give it about 2 weeks to settle down.

Swelling after Juvederm in Lips

Dear xxkittynxx

Sorry to hear that you are having concerns after your lip augmentation procedure. 

I agree that the lower lip is too large and out of proportion at this point. In some patients, swelling after filler can take up to 2 weeks to resolve. I re-evalaute all of my patients at 2 weeks to make sure we have optimal results.

From the photos is sounds like you are only 2 days out from injection, which is quite early. I would wait until 2 weeks have passed before seeking an opinion. In the meantime, you can use some gentle cool compresses to help.  

If you still have problems, I would seek out a board certified facial plastic, general plastic or dermatologist to help. 

All the best

Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Based on your photographs, you appear to have normal postprocedure swelling present.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to see your final result after lip augmentation with Juvederm.  Swelling and bruising after filler injection is normal, especially in the lips.  Icing can help for up to 48 hours postprocedure.  Arnica can also help to minimize postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Gentle massage may be beneficial.  In general, after lip augmentation with fillers, it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  After 2 weeks, if you continue to have any concerns, please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Any unwanted filler can be easily removed with hyaluronidase.  If you call your doctor's office, perhaps there is another equally qualified injector covering in his absence.  Best wishes!

Lower lip injection

At present, it is too big. It will settle down though, so I'd wait the 10 days before deciding on the result. The lower lip should not project more than the upper lip and it is currently. I should be larger though, and it wasn't pre-injection. There should be someone that can manage issues while your doc is gone.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm lower lip....

Thank you for your question.  Is the last picture at a week?  I would wait a few more days and see if the swelling further decreases if it does not and you are still unhappy.  Please follow up with a board certified Dermatologist for reversal with hyaluronidase.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon