I am looking at UltraShape to reduce stubborn tummy fat. I have read mixed reviews on pain and results.

Should I do anything I preparation for ultra shape treatment to maximize my results i.e. Drinking lots of water?

Ultra shape comfort and results

No preparation is needed for an Ultrashape treatment.  While you should be well-hydrated, I generally don't feel the need to have my patients drink extra water in order to improve results.  As far as pain, I can speak from  experience and from trying other treatments, such as CoolSculpting or TruSculpt, there is virtually no pain with a treatment.  Some areas may have a "static" feeling, or there may be some slight discomfort near a bony area, but there is really no pain during the treatment.  The day after, there is a welcome sensation that you may have done a few setups, but really no discomfort.  As far as results, there can be some non-responders, but these are rare in our experience.  Good luck!

Southport Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape can provide beautiful results with no pain or downtime.  The worst I have heard from any patient was a feeling of a very minor bruise afterwards.  There is no pain while undergoing the procedure if done properly. We have been performing this procedure for almost 2 years now without any unhappy patients.  Prior to that, we had Coolsculpting for 1.5 years.   We had so many unhappy patients that we got rid of it.   Results were very unpredictable.  

Maximizing UltraShape Results

Unlike all the other non-invasive technologies to destroy fat, UltraShape is nonthermal so it does not freeze or use heat to reduce areas of unwanted fat.  In addition, the treatments can be customized for each patient.  As with all technologies, it is recommended to live a healthy lifestyle with dieting and exercising to maximize your results.  There is no discomfort, swelling or bruising with UltraShape so exercise can be continued.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

UltraShape for stubborn belly fat

Thank you for your question.  We have managed to integrate Ultrashape into my practice, and have been able to deliver some pretty amazing results to our patients.  Treatments are quick and completely painless.  We have found that proper patient selection is the most important criteria for getting good results.  If a patient exercises moderately, maintains healthy eating habits, and is not focused on bulk weight loss, we can reliably diminished abdominal circumference by 1 to 3 inches or more.  The key is to use Ultrashape as a tool to assist in treating stubborn fat that is diet and exercise resistant. I hope this answer helps, and I wish you all the best! 

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

UltraShape Results

We have performed UltraShape on hundreds of patients in my practice with overwhelming success, seeing an average a loss of two to three inches in circumference of the abdomen after a series of three treatments, spaced two weeks apart. A key factor to the success of the treatment is determining whether or not the patient is actually a good candidate. We take the in-person assessment very seriously and will not recommend the procedure to someone we do not believe will benefit. A good candidate is someone who struggles with stubborn pockets of fat that do not go away, despite healthy diet and exercise. Provided you are a candidate, the only preparation I can recommend is to prepare your mind, that is to understand that while this procedure works very well, like any weight loss, the results must maintained with proper diet and exercise. The procedure itself is painless, the most our patients ever report is a slight feeling of warmth coming from the transducer, which is the hand-piece used to deliver the ultrasound waves to your subcutaneous fat. 

Dennis Gross, MD