I had surgery years ago to remove my sweat glands under my arms and it didn't work. Can I now try the MiraDry procedure?

MiraDry for me?

Thanks for this question. If you have sweat glands then I believe you can have MiraDry. If your sweat glands are that strong you may need more than one treatment so I suggest you plan ahead and speak with several consultants. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Miradry after other procedures

We have had a number of patients that have had success with Miradry after having had no success with previous surgical and non-surgical procedures.  If you do not have hydradenitis or other chronic cysts or infection in your underarm area then you may be an excellent candidate for Miradry.  I suggest a consultation with a Miradry provider that has experience with your situation.  Best of luck!

Grant Stevens, MD

MiraDry after suction curettage

The short answer is yes. 

Given the fact that there is scar tissue in the area, you are likely to need a second and perhaps three miraDry sessions.

We charge $1500 for the first session and $1000 for each additional session. 

In my practice, 90% of my patients require only a SINGLE miraDry session.

We are a Platinum Plus Provider for miraDry. 

MiraDry

Thank you for your question.If you are still experiencing under arm sweating you would be a good candidate for the MiraDry procedure.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

MiraDry

There are many reasons for having had surgery to remove sweat glands.  If your reason was hydradenitis and you have continued infections, probably not.  If excessive sweating was the reason then MiraDry would be an excellent choice.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Yes

Yes. You may be a good candidate for miraDry despite your previous surgery. I love this treatment and patients are generally very happy! Be well.

Estee Williams, MD

Miradry

In theory you should be able to depending on what your armpits look like after the procedure and how long it has been. You should go in for an in-person consultation.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist