Am I being extreme, or could I benefit from a mini Tummy Tuck? (photos)

I am a 33 year old mother of 2. I am interested in knowing whether or not I am a candidate for a mini TT. My husband thinks I am crazy, but I'd like to know if it's a possibility for mild skin laxity and a slight (1/2 cm) abdominal separation. I am planning on having a BA in the future and would like to combine the mini TT with that surgery.

No intervention needed.

Based on the photos provided you do not appear to be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck.  You have good abdominal contour and you do not appear to need to any surgical intervention.  Also, a mini tummy tuck does not usually include muscle repair.  Always make sure that you are seeing a doctor that is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Mini tummy tuck candidate?

Hello, it is not possible to provide detailed advice regarding suitability for surgery based on a photo alone.  However, your abdominal contour looks normal, with very good apparent muscle tone.  

Mini Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. It doesn't appear that you would be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck. 

All the best. 

Mini TT?

Thank you for your question and photos.  No, you do not appear to need at mini TT at all.  You look great after pregnancy.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Agree with Husband...

Thank you for the question and good quality photographs. You should be proud of the appearance of your abdominal wall after pregnancies!
I think that the best option may be: no surgical intervention. Best wishes.

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - Am I being extreme, or...?

Based on the photos you've provided - you are being extreme...

It is, of course, hard to say for sure via these photos alone (one displaying a little more of your lower abdomen might help, as would an in person consultation - which is what you should have) but it does not appear that the scar and the risks of the surgery are worth it in your case.  If you have a pouch of skin below the area hidden by your pants then maybe...but, under the best of circumstances, you'd have a scar.  Is that worth it?

I suspect not, but at the time that you consult with your board-certified plastic surgeons concerning your breast implants you can raise this issue and make a more informed decision at that time.

In the mean time congrats on the shape you're in.  For anyone, no less a 33 year old mother of 2....

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100
@RealSelf

Mini Tummy Tuck

In my opinion, you do not need a mini tummy tuck. You are in great shape and the minor flaws are not significant enough to justify the the risks associated with surgery and the scar that would result. 

Mini Tummy Tuck

Based on the photos you posted you you are in great shape and a mini tummy tuck would not provide enough of a result to justify the risks of the procedure. In your case the risks do not outweigh the benefits. I would recommend that if BA is something you are interested in find a board certified plastic surgeon to help you accomplish you goal and focus on this procedure at this time. 

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Need for tummy tuck

Thank you for your photos. You are fit and in great shape.  You do not appear to have a great deal of excess skin, just a small amount of skin laxity.  If you are planning a Breast Augmentation in the future, you can certainly ask your surgeon if a mini tummy tuck is indicated.  However, in my opinion, the risks outweigh the benefits for you.

Is there an end-point in the quest for physical perfection?

Thank you for providing such excellent photographs and congratulations on your choice of spouse! Your husband is quite correct.

J. Brian Boyd, MD