Why is one of my cheeks larger than the other?

My right cheek is larger than my left cheek. I chew and sleep on my right side so is that the problem? The unevenness seems to arise from the jaw. I have uneven teeth and an overbite so maybe that might be the problem?

Uneven cheeks and teeth

Uneven or asymmetric cheeks, teeth, and face is normal. Improving facial symmetry or enhancing the cheeks and jaw may be performed with facial fillers (ex. Juvederm, Restylane) or silicone facial implants. Alternatively, one may see a dentist to have the teeth and bite adjusted as needed. Consultation with a surgeon can help determine appropriate options.Best,Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  Non smiling photos, of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.   The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants or a reliable "off the shelf" dermal filler to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Every face has some degree of asymmetry of the features.  In my years of making people more attractive, I've learned that beauty resides in having aesthetically shaped facial features and not in being "super symmetric".  This has been confirmed by studies showing an average looking face computer generated to be "perfectly" symmetric face remains average looking, if not a bit odd in appearance.Hope this helps.