Does anyone know what caused this lump? (photos)

I am almost five months post op tumescent Lipo and developed a lump. At around 3 months the area was real hard. The doctor gave me water pills because they didn't want to drain it because the skin is not numb anymore. The water pills didn't do anything please help!

Velashape

I would start out with Velashape.  It combines the mechanical benefits of endermologie with radio frequency and infrared and has been shown to be helpful in smoothing areas after liposuction as well as improving skin texture irregularities.  It is non invasive, and is performed in 8 weekly sessions with maintenance thereafter.  There are fewer risks than revision liposuction and does not prevent revision liposuction in the future.

Lump

Without an examination, it is difficult to say what your lump is. However, it could be a collection of fluid, a seroma, or scar tissue. I would suggest following up with your surgeon. An ultrasound could easily clarify what it is. If it is fluid, it needs to be drained.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Seroma or scar -- please see an expert

this may be fibrosis or a scar, did you have a seroma?  I suggest you see an expert for a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lump after lipo

It is difficult to see what is going on in the photo. You need to be seen in person o be evaluated. If it is a seroma, then draining it should help.

It could be several things

It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell with just a photo and without an exam so none of us can really tell you for sure without an exam.  Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and if not confident in the recommendation see several docs for several in person recommendations.  Many of us offer complimentary consultations.  That being said, it could be a seroma (fluid that walled itself off,) it could be residual fat that was not removed, or several other things.  Best option is to ask your doc to get you an ultrasound to see if it is a fluid collection.  If so, the ultrasound radiologist can likely put a needle in it and pull out the fluid.  Sometimes this needs to be done several times to make the fluid resolve and sometimes old seromas may need surgical removal however first step is to make a diagnosis which likely starts with an ultrasound.  Not being numb is not a good reason not to aspirate it.