6.5 weeks post rhinoplasty and bruised? (Photos)

Hi I would be very grateful for your opinion on my bruising and if it looks likely to be permanent. I had closed revision rhinoplasty 6.5 weeks ago. My nose was broken and fused back together and I was very badly bruised. Most of the bruising went quite quickly but these pools under my eyes remain. Is this going to be a permanent issue? Is there anything I can do to help it fade? Many thanks for your time.

Pigmentation from bruising

It looks like you have some pigment deposition in your lower eyelids post bruising - very rare but it can occur - the use of vitamin K cream can help 

Bruises under eye after rhinoplasty

The black eyes should go away completely! It can be a slow process. Bruises in the lower eyelids can take a few months to completely resolve, but they should resolve. Hang in there, the swelling and bruises should continue to improve. 

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon