I was charged 2490.00 for my face. Does this sound right?

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 I went to A Doctor called Candice Cooley at Radiance in Fort Walton Beach and this was my first time. she put 54 units of Botox in my forehead , which was 10.00 a unit , 540.00. then she put 3 injections of juvederm xl filler at 650.00 a tube. 2490.00 was the total charge for one visit. I would like to know if that sounds right.

Charge for treatment

In actuality this charge is not only reasonable, but it is cheap. Botox is usually 14-16 dollars per unit and the Juvederm is usually around $675.  

Nashville Dermatologist

I was charged 2490.00 for my face. Does this sound right

Thank you for your question.  The amount of product and  price is reasonable.  Hope you recieved a fantastic result with your treatment.  Best Wishes. 

Cost of Injectibles

The price you received for Botox and your fillers was quite acceptable. The average price for Botox in many areas of Florida is anywhere from $15-$20 per unit. Hyaluronic fillers such a Juvederm generally go for as much as $800 per syringe. One plastic surgeon that I know is quoting $950 per syringe. Many times the pricing reflects the experience and expertise of the physician. Who injects you is just as important as what is injected. 

F. True Lansden, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Costs of Filler and Botox

I know it seems like a lot of money but the charges for what you got was  good. Most offices charge  $13 to $17/ unit for the Botox.You  paid $10/unit.You got a great price for the Botox.
Your charge for the filler was also very competitive.
Many doctors  charge $600 to $750/cc.You had 3 cc. Be sure you have a very experienced Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon to do your treatments.You are paying for their skills. So be careful dollar shopping. 
The expertise of the injector is the most important variable.Often you end up paying more to someone inexperienced because they use more product than someone very experienced.A very experienced injector will not be the cheapest.
You will get the best value for your money with the best placement possible with an experienced injector..An experienced injector pays off. You want to know how many years  and how often  they inject the products.You should prefer a board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon do your treatment. This is your face..
you deserve the besrt.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Juvederm pricing

Thank you for your question.  I would say that that you received a very fair price for your treatment.  More important, however, is that you felt your injector was well qualified and you enjoy your look. It is not uncommon for my treatment plans to entail multiple syringes of different genres to accomplish different goals (e.g. Voluma or Restylane Lyft for the midface/cheeks and Juvederm/Restylane for the folds...etc).  I train many physicians on injection techniques and there is a wide range of experience out there.  Although price does not always correlate with experience, I do find that to be generally the case in my trainees.

Costs of Fillers and Botox

Hello Obanny,

The costs of the products used are on par for the South (your Botox was on the more affordable side).  Hopefully you were made aware of the costs prior to any injections and that the plan for syringes and Botox was also discussed.  I personally never inject until I have gone over my plan with the patient to verify that is both what they want and within budget.  If it isn't within budget then we make priorities and focus on certain areas instead of trying to correct everything.  

Something else you may consider if you plan on repeat injections is that the Botox will last for about 3 months and the filler for around a year.  If you like the result and plan on repeating you may consider surgical options.  Although more expensive at the beginning the long term savings make the surgical option more cost effective.  I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to discuss both the surgical and non surgical options for the future.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Charges for Botox, Juvederm

Just so you understand, a 100 unit vial of Botox costs almost $600.  Therefore, the pricing was relatively inexpensive.  An important question to ask is whether your product is FDA approved Botox or an import.  Also make sure you know whether your Doctor is a Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist, Plastic Surgeon, or Occuloplastic Surgeon.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Charges for treatment

Each clinic has different prices depending on the experience on the injector and the region of the clinic. It is always smart to use an experienced trained professional that may charge you according to their experience and knowledge so that you are guaranteed better and safer results.

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

Botox and Filler Pricing

Pricing is dependent on a persons experience and expertise.  I am more expensive than that you paid.  If you are valuing the product over the procedure/persons skill and expertise, you will not get the best results long term.  Dr. Emer.

Pricing for Botox and fillers

Pricing for Botox and filler's varies from region to region. It also varies depending on the qualifications of the injector. Based on what you describe, it sounds like you received a very fair price.

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon