Should I get a breast lift or breast lift with implants? (Photo)

Hello. I'm a 29 yr old African American woman who has saggy breasts. I have no children. My current bra size is a 32G. My waist is 29in. I always had large breast growing up. If I get a breast lift will I need implants to keep my breast the same size? I would be happy being a small F cup or maybe a DD but nothing less than that. I also work out 5 days out the week and will like to do professional bikini competition in the future. Thank you.

Breast lift and augmentation

Based on your photos and your goals you would need breast lift with implants. Your next step should be consultation with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon for detailed evaluation and discussion about your options. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a breast lift or breast lift with implants?

Given your stated bra size, I see no role for implants. You will want to have a detailed discussion with a surgeon about expectations.

Based on the information given you are a great candidate for a Breast Lift without implant due to you have to much breast tissue.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Rami Ghurani, MD

You’re likely a good candidate for a breast lift alone.

Judging from your photos and description of your goals, it seems that you would be a good candidate for a breast lift alone. If you want to remain active, you likely don’t want added volume from implants. A breast lift can offer excellent results by simply repositioning your breasts higher on your chest wall, giving a “perkier,” more youthful appearance. I would suggest consulting a board-certified plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your options in greater detail. Good luck!

Breast Lift or Breast Lift With Implants

Based on the photos that you've sent and your needings, you might not need implants as you have enough breast tissue. This situation will be clear in your physical examination with the doctor.

Breast Lift

Based on the infomation you have shared, you are an excellent candidate for breast lift surgery without implants as you have a large amount of breast tissue.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I think you are an ideal candidate for a breast lift without implants. This would include an areolar reduction. You have excellent volume, it's just that your volume is low. A breast lift will improve the shape and form of your breasts and raise them to a more youthful position.

In my opinion implants serve no purpose in your case. Interestingly professional opinions do vary on this.

As such do your self a favor and spend some time looking at the before and after photos of your prospective surgeon. Be sure to find patients whose breasts are similar to yours to get an idea of what sort of result to expect.

Hope this helps and I wish you the best with your surgery!

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photo's.  I recommend an implant with a mastopexy(lift).   The implant will give you a more youthful upper pole fullness .  The lift alone will not give you that due to natural tissue aging and laxity.

Chad Robbins, MD

Great question. You need to work out how big you want to be. But whichever you want a breast lift is definitely part of the surgical plan.You could then consider a reduction in the areolar at the same time. Good luck. 

Richard Hanson, MB, MCh
Dublin Plastic Surgeon

As stated, you are a better candidate for a breast lift alone. Implants are not really needed with your current amount of breast volume.