Can this be filled in? (photo)

I had skin cancer on tip of nose removed 5 years ago. Can the indentation be filled?

Nasal Depressed Scar

Dear Floridian Patient, 
It is possible to push out scars in the face and nose with fillers. Its best to be evaluated in person because this can be a tricky area due to blood flow issues.
Best to seek a specialist in your area for evaluation.I hope this was helpful.

Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Depressed nasal scarring following surgery

depressed scars in the nose typically respond beautifully to injectable fillers.  These techniques require extensive knowledge of the nose and the anatomy.  I would recommend treatment only by a highly skilled and experienced  injector.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Skin cancer defect repair

Thank you for the question and photos.  Yes, the indentation can be filled in by fat or fillers.  Another good solution is to just excise (remove) the indentation and bring the healthy skin together.  This will result in a linear scar but I think that would be the quickest and perhaps even the best way to address the issue.  I would consult with several board certified plastic surgeons in your community and have them list your options for repair.
Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Nasal Deformity after Skin Cancer

It would be best to consider a formal nasal scar revision with local or regional nasal skin flap for reconstruction/ repair. Fillers pose significant risks in your case without permanent or lasting benefit. See a reconstructive plastic surgeon for a complete consultation. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal filler

Thank you for the picture! To answer your question - yes, it can be filled.  The nose is particularly tricky, specially after MOHS surgery as the blood supply is limited.  There are combination treatments that tend to work best depending on the size and depth of the defect.  As with anything in the nose, going slowly works best with fillers as the scar tissue tends to try and tether the skin down.  A lot of these questions can be answered during your consultation with an in-person examination as at that point your doc would be able to tell you what to expect and what combination of treatments would work best.  Best of luck! I hope some of this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty, Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

For a non-surgical intervention, fillers can be used to sculpt the nose. I tend to use a lot of Voluma for this area and achieve great results. This type of scar though needs surgical repair. Best, Dr. Emer