I had a lower body lift 4 weeks ago. I started to feel pressure along my incision above my pubic area. Is this normal? (Photo)

I noticed pressure after showering 2 days ago. I assumed it was being out of my comprehension garment too long. Today was my first day back at work and I feel the pressure with my garment on and the sensation of pressure doesn't go away if I lay down or sit

Recovery After Lower Body Lift in Melbourne, Florida

Regarding your question about your lower body lift, it would be hard to know without an in-person exam what is causing your pressure or discomfort. It is possible you may be having some swelling or fluid collection under the skin, but again, would have to be evaluated by your board-certified plastic surgeon to know for sure. I hope this is helpful. Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift - feeling a lot of pressure

Thank you for asking about your lower body lift.

• If your photo was taken recently, it suggests that you have a seroma.
  • Please return to your plastic surgeon to be checked.
  • it isn't clear why you still have a drain in after a month - or if this is related to your swelling.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I had a lower body lift 4 weeks ago. I started to feel pressure along my incision above my pubic area.

Best to check with your surgeon. It looks like you still have a drain in so it is less likely to be a seroma, but they can still occur with drains. Also, if the drainage is becoming cloudy, it could be signs of an early infection. Let your surgeon's office know so that they can see you to determine if it is anything to worry about.

Body lifting

I do not know for sure what is causing your pressure discomfort. It could be that the nerves in that area that have been numb up to this point due to the normal surgical dissection  are waking up and causing the discomfort. However, you need to consult your surgeon and be seen if they think it is needed. Good luck.