Lower body lift 6 weeks post op. Is my compression garment too tight?

I just got the ok last week to wear a Spanx type garment. Wore it for the first time out since surgery yesterday. It fits very snug but comfortable. When I was pulling garment up from using the restroom and so forth, I began to feel a tenderness on thighs where I had liposuction. Today I feel bruised and tender. Is my garment too tight in certain areas causing the bruising when I'm pulling the garment up?I've done amazing so far and don't want to do damage!

It may be too tight if it is causing you that tenderness and pain. Try a size up and check with your surgeon so they can see how it fits you.

Lower body lift

Your garment may be too tight or the nerves in your inner thigh may be finally waking up after the surgery and being more sensitive to the putting on the spandex. Try a looser size and/or check in with your surgeon. Good luck.

Body lift - does my garment fit properly?

Thank you for your question about your lower body lift.
  • If your new garment is causing tenderness on the inner thigh, it is probably too tight.
  • Contact your surgeon to discuss what to do -
  • If you were my patient, I would want you to cut it until the irritated area is 100% comfortable and perhaps stop wearing it for a while as well.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS