Will upper blephoplasty fix my uneven eyes? (Photo)

I seem to have a lot of fat on my upper right eyelid and it is very noticeable. Will blephoplasty fix this?

Not really the best photo to assess what is going on.

I wonder if you have thyroid eye disease.  These eyelids look like there could be upper eyelid retraction.  I encourage you to be assessed by an oculoplastic surgeon to see what is going on with you.  

upper blepharoplasty for uneven eyelids

A full set of photographs are required to make a determination about the asymmetry that is present. Everyone has some degree of asymmetry that is addressed at the time of the blepharoplasty procedure. In many instances, one eyebrow is lower than the other which causes the asymmetry. Asymmetrical blepharoplasty  can make the eyelids look more symmetrical. When the eyebrows are uneven and are in a low position, a browlift is required

Eyes

There are always asymmetries between eyes as there is elsewhere on the body.  A blepharoplasty will improve both eyes.

Fat in upper lids

It is not uncommon for people to have puffiness along the medial aspect of their upper lids.This may be due to some  extra fat that can be removed with an upper eyelid lift.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes

Hi Fofaz34,

Thank you for your questions and pictures. An Upper Blepharoplasty can correct excess skin and fat on the upper and lower lids and often times help patients achieve a more "even" look.  Best of luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty for uneven eyes

It appears your brows are a little  uneven as well as having extra eyelid skin.  The procedure or combination procedures   most likely to improve  consist of browlift and upper lid blepharoplasty.  Elevation of the brows with blepharoplasty will provide a  more youthful, rested result.   

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper lids

Fofaz34, In my experience the majority of patients that complain of a tired look to their upper lids it is due to inferior to medial migration of the brow into the upper eyelid area. In these patients an endoscopic browlift gives the best result. Over the years I have developed a sequential approach to browlift surgery and will, in general, do one of three different lifts depending on the preoperative anatomy of the forehead. A lateral brow lift is done for patients with heaviness of the lateral brow but a normal medial brow. A 3/4 brow lift is done for patients with a heavy lateral brow and a pinched look to the medial head of the brow. A full brow lift is performed for patients who have a heavy lateral brow, pinching of the medial head of the brow and inferior migration of the medial head of the brow. This approach yields a natural appearance to the post operative patient without that surprised look.
For the less common patient who has brows that are in the correct position and yet has excess skin and muscle in the upper eyelid area, an upper lid blepharoplasty with supratarsal fixation is all they need. Should they in addition have lowering of the upper eyelid over the cornea then they may need ptosis surgery. I would recommend visiting an eye doctor should you feel this is the case for you.
Should you have a combination brow ptosis or sagging and excess upper eyelid skin, do yourself a favor and get the brows done first and the eyelids done 3-6 months afterward. That is the approach I take and the majority of patients that I see get the brows done and are happy, they leave the upper lid alone. More is not always better. For those who decide to proceed with an upper lid bleph afterwards, I can be more precise doing it secondarily.
See a plastic surgeon that specializes in facial aesthetic surgery, get two to three opinions and go with the one you feel most comfortable. Experience is great teacher so typically find someone with a few years under their belt!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery

It appears from the picture that you have a combination of excess upper eyelid skin and drooppiness of the brows. 

I have lectured to plastic surgeons on these procedures. Upper eyelid surgery removes excess skin and fat.. An  endoscopic brow lift elevates the brow.

Endoscopic brow lift is a minamally invasive operation. It is performed thru small  incisions with the use of a TV camera. I helped to pioneer the surgery. Recovery is quicker versus more tradional techniques.

I hope you find this useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Eyes

A blepharoplasty removes excess skin and herniated fat from the eyelids.  If your eyelids are uneven, it may be due to differences in your eyelid as well as differences in your brow position.  If you have brow asymmetry, correction of brow position would be indicated instead of a blepharoplasty.  

Will upper blephoplasty fix my uneven eyes?

The goals of upper blepharoplasty are all geared toward creating a more youthful, sculpted, "rested " appearance of the upper lid. This includes skin excision and often includes muscle excision and removal of fat. We aim for symmetry (even if there is a pre-existing asymmetry) and the overwhelming majority of patients are very pleased with their results from upper blepharoplasty.

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon