Thoughts on 300-350cc subglandular smooth round highly cohesive silicone implants with inframammary incision.

5'6" and 155 lbs. I've met with a board certified PS that I like very much and have a BA scheduled in 6 weeks. I'm 29 and very active - I do crossfit and HIIT 5x/week. I also want to have kids in the future and want to breastfeed. I've been unhappy with my breasts for a while - being heavier in the past has made them a bit deflated. I have very large areola and my PS recommended a BA w/ mastoplexy, but I want to breastfeed - so just the BA for now. I want to be more proportionate and have some cleavage. Thoughts?

Breast augmentation, mastopexy, and future children.

If you are planning on having children in the near future, I would hold off on any breast surgery for now. Between a mastopexy and implants, the mastopexy is going to improve the position and appearance of your breast much more than implants. In your particular case, an augmentation without a lift may leave you less happy than before the implants.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift

Your weight loss has resulted in loose and deflated breasts.  Wanting to postpone a breast lift until after your pregnancies is understandable and appropriate.  If you would like to undergo a breast augmentation in the meantime to improve your breast volume and shape, you should consider form stable (shaped) implants which will provide more projection where you most need it.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast lift with augmentation

Thank you for your question. The goal with breast surgery is to achieve symmetry with a pleasing shape and volume according to the patient's desires. From your photos and desired results, it looks like you would be best served with a combination of breast lift with augmentation.  The parameters of both the breast lift and the position of the breast implants should be designed to keep the implants relatively low while lifting the breast tissue and nipple to sit directly over the implants. Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and combined lifting with augmentation is especially tricky.  The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best plan for you.

Thoughts on 300-350cc subglandular smooth round highly cohesive silicone implants with inframammary incision

The subglandular implant will make you are larger and more saggy in time. I think you will certainly have cleavage in a bra, but only while in a bra. Without the bra the breast will be right where they are now, just larger. An implant does not yield cleavage.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation - is the surgical plan a good one?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Your breasts in the photos look borderline for a mastopexy -
  • In profile the nipple is in good position, in front view they look low.
  • In this situation, it is fine to have a breast augmentation now -
  • Later after your children you can have the mastopexy - 
  • In borderline cases, there are choices, not a right/wrong answer -
  • The choice you have made makes good sense for you now.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Find the right surgeon to make you happy with your breasts again!

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Based on your photos and your desire for the future- you may consider doing nothing at this time. Why not wait until all of your childbearing years and breastfeeding are complete? Then you will have a direct path to your best looking breasts, which at that time I predict will require a breast lift and possibly implants, which I would recommend at this time, if you are able to accept the risk of sagging after your childbearing and breastfeeding years are over

Mastopexy-augmentation

Thanks for your post. I do think that you will end up needing a mastopexy (breast lift) to get you the look you desire. Breast feeding should not be disturbed with the typical mastopexy techniques, but there is some change in nipple sensation to be expected. The implant size you mentioned sounds very reasonable, although I'm not aware that the true highly-cohesive ROUND implants are available here in the U.S. just yet. We do have the anatomic (shaped) implants. It should be just a matter of time though.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit the most from a breast lift with implants.  Placing implants in saggy breasts can sometimes make things look a lot worse without a lift.  The best options are usually a lift with implants in one operation or a staged sequence of a breast lift first and then implant placement later.  There's a low risk of loss of breast feeding with a breast lift.  This is more of a risk with breast reduction, where breast tissue is extensively cut with potential damage to ducts.  Be sure to consult with several experienced board certified plastic surgeons.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS