Can I get the look I want with a revision?

I always wanted larger breasts so 10 years ago I had 325cc saline implants .My DR was conservative and persuaded me to get a "full c". Although they did look better I regretted not going bigger but never saw myself having a revision. Due to a car accident my left implant ruptured a month ago. Now I can have a revision and want to go big.I am thinking of 400+cc silicone.I am 5'3 and 135lbs.I have a fairly wide gap (I never had cleveage ) and thin breast tissue. Can I get what I want?

Bigger implants

Without an exam it is tough to say.  Remember, bigger implants and thin skin usually do not go well together.  Best of luck.

Going larger

Without seeing you in person it's hard to say what size would look best. In general, I would tell our patients that in order to see an obvious increase in size, at least 100 mL needs to be added to the implant to be removed. I would get the opinion of your plastic surgeon and see what they think. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

It can´t be a better moment for that! Since you have more that a reason for the revision, and the increase in the size is within the possibilities of an optimal result for you. In any case it will be ideal to see pictures of your breast to have a better understanding of the situation. But in my opinion there's no issues for you to get your revision. 

Brenda Pache, MD

Bigger

Thank you for your question and the simple answer is YES but an examination is needed.  So see some experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Since none of us has seen you and we have no photos to know what you look like, it is not possible to give individual advice. But going up about 100cc and changing so silicone is probably OK.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Revision

Going from 325 cc to 400 + cc should be no problem. Due the your wide gap, you may consider a moderate plus profile implant with more width to better recreate a cleavage, but this all depends on your chest wall measurements.

Great question but there are a few concerns. #1. NO posted photos??? #2. Why are you waiting so long? The capsule will start to contract and scar down the longer you delay replacement. #3. It depends which implant company you have if you have 'any' warranty at all? Allergen will only replace the rupture implant with same type, while Mentor usually replaces bilateral. Best to seek a few in person opinions ASAP, here time is of the essence...

Thank you for the question. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. Sometimes, additional maneuvers such as adjustment of the breast implant capsules is necessary, to achieve the desired outcome.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "go big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to "fuller" breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.