Post op. swelling adding stretch marks. Is this normal? (photos)

I 1 week and 1 day post op. Dr is closed for the weekend. Is it normal to have stretcher marks from swelling?

Swelling post op

After looking at your photos it appears to be all okay.When the new eek arrives and if you have doubts it is always best to see your surgeon.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Caused ripples?

This appears as a normal swelling event. But best to see your surgeon on Monday in person follow up examination for peace if mind.... 

Post op. Swelling adding stretch marks. Is this normal?

At 8 days post op it is not unusual to have significant swelling following a tummy tuck.  The swelling can contribute to the stretch marks that you may have already had.  as the swelling subsides this problem should resolve but it may take a few weeks.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Post-Operative Swelling & "Added" Stretch Marks

The good news is that these are not "Added" stretch marks.  As you have referenced, you are swelling.  These are the same stretch marks you have always had, all be it a little lower that they were before your tummy tuck.  Swelling makes any stretch marks you have "Always" look worse.  thankfully this is only temporary.  As your swelling subsides, your exaggerated appearance of your remaining stretch marks will disappear and you will be left with the same appearance that these stretch marks had prior to your surgery.  Again, I see this all the time in my patients as well.