Neck lumps, bumps and creases. Frustrated and looking for help without more surgery for my neck area. (Photo)

I had a facelift in 2012 and a repair facelift 1 year later in 2013. There was a large amount of tissue under my chin because of an allergic reaction to the sutures, I was told. My PS would like to do another surgery but I am afraid to have any more surgeries in that area. I was told by my PS I had no other options. The crease in the middle always shows and I always point my chin down so no one can see under my chin. Might there be something new in the cosmetic industry that can help me?

Sub mental Scar

The scar and tissues under your chin look inflamed and scarred.  At this point it may be better to let the tissues soften before considering additional surgery.  You may also benefit from fat transfer to soften things and correct the contour irregularities.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Bumps post lift

I think it looks like there may be some firmness or hardness there and this may be soem scar tissue so one consideration would be to ask your surgeon about some ultrasound to help soften the tissues.Heat and massage are also helpful.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Unsatisfactory neck result

Thank you for your question about your face lift.

I am truly sorry you have had to go through this.
  • This is a challenging problem.
  • Your photo suggests you will need additional surgery.
  • Fat transplants will be less invasive and should be tried. 
  • They are a form of surgery but your tissues will not be cut.
  • But the photo suggests that a careful and exensive re-do neck lift may be needed.
  • If in doubt, seek a second opinion from another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon 
  • Sometimes an exam leads to suggestions that a photo does not.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Frustrated over neck appearance after face lift

This is a difficult problem to correct.  However, you may be able to significantly improve this with autologous fat transfer to the neck to restore volume and contour that appears to be missing by your photo. However, this is a surgical procedure.  You should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon in your area with experience in fat grafting to get their opinion.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Revision neck lift

I agree with your surgeon that the best way is to reelevate the skin of your neck to eliminate the deep wrinkles and irregularities.  Any other modalities will only injure your skin further.