Will I get a better natural breast augmentation result with a silicone moderate profile? I'm 5'8", 145 lbs, 34B. (Photo)

I'm 25, active. After weight loss, they've lost fullness and my right one is bigger and saggier than the other. I do strength training all over. I get more muscular certain times of the year but not to extremes. the last pic is my wish: natural looking, full, even, not torpedo shaped but with a nice curve. Not too far apart either. Stats: 5 ft 8 in, 145 lb, 34 B

Natural Breast Augmnetation result -

I find it easiest to communicate with my patients about implant size with the help of photographs. Cup size varies, and even number of cc's can be very different from one woman to another. For example, ook at how different 300 cc's looks on the different women before and after.

The size is very important, but it is only one factor in having a breast augmentation result that looks and feels natural. The shape of the implant, the placement and the position are all critically important. For the best result, you need a plastic surgeon with expertise in creating natural looking results. We all have seen even small breast implants that look unnatural because they are placed to high, too far apart, or with too much or too little projection.

Take your time researching your plastic surgeon and his training and experience. Ask questions about complication rates, revision policies, and even lawsuits. Ask to speak to prior patients. And, be sure to look at many, many photographs that demonstrate his ability to provide a result that is pleasing to you. Be sure your safety is of paramount importance, that anesthesia is provided by a board-certified anesthesiologist , that surgery is perform in an accredited facility and that the plastic surgeon has a top notch surgical team.

This may seem like a lot of time or a lot of work, but you are making a permanent change to your body. It is worth it to take your time. I can't speak for all plastic surgeons, but I hope that prospective patients check my background and training, and feel comfortable to ask any questions. Finally, if you are totally confident with all of your surgeon's credentials. experience and results, be certain you feel like you have found a plastic surgeon who shares your aesthetic vision and really listens to your concerns.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Will I get a better natural breast augmentation result with a silicone moderate profile? I'm 5'8", 145 lbs, 34B.

Always better to obtain ONLY IN PERSON evaluations with boarded PSs in your area. At these consults sizers can be tried and a determination of implant options discussed.. 

Implant volume and cup size

At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.However, your breasts are asymmetrical in volume, shape and position and you need a simultaneous lift.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Natural look with moderate profile

When I do a breast aug I would say 90 plus per cent of the time I use moderate plus profile implants and I find they give me the best results.I usually will select several sizes to take to the OR with me when I do a breast aug and I generally will make my patients as big as I can without making them look fake and artificial.This is why I have several sizes availkable to me.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

So many variables in achieving a great result

and it starts with what the patient is starting with.  You have a generous space between the mounds and your implants will have to exceed your natural dimensions to diminish that and not all surgeons are comfortable with that concept.  You should have an active role in choosing the size you wish to be and your surgeon should be able to choose the best style implant for your body dimensions and goals.  The only guarantee I give is that my patients will be bigger and fuller... but my ultimate goal is to achieve a result where they could go topless and feel great about it.

Curtis Wong, MD

Will I get a better natural breast augmentation result with a silicone moderate profile?

Your questions are great and appropriate. Unfortunately, an online forum is not going to be much help in answering your questions.Sizing of breast implants is a very individualized process. You have some natural asymmetry that will not be corrected with surgery. Your left nipple/aroela is lower and pointed in a different direction than your right. The shape of your breasts is different side to side. All of these things will impact your outcome and should temper your expectations.

Essentially, you need to custom fit the implants to your body. In order to properly size implants, you need measurements of several key items. Regardless of what manufacturer of implant your surgeon uses, they all have what is called dimensional fitting systems. These systems basically take some measurements of your breast width, height, and tissue stretch to determine the optimal volume for your particular tissues. i.e. What can your tissues handle?

That is the "science" of determining the optimal size implant for your tissues. The artistry with your surgeon comes in taking the ideal size and working with some judgement to get you as close as possible to your desired outcome.

So someone 5'8" 145 lbs with 3 children vs. someone with no children may have different optimal volumes due to the differential stretch in their tissues. You can Google "High Five Augmentation" to get a quick idea of the process.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Best result

I think going with a moderate profile silicone gel implant will get you where you want to be, spend time with your surgeon discussing the pros and cons of every decision to make sure all of your goals will be met

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, desired results, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking breast augmentation with silicone breast implants.

You will need an in depth consultation to make this determination.  Important considerations will be your breast base width diameter and amount of extra skin.  Moderate and moderate plus implants give a more natural look than high profile implants. gummy bear anatomical breast implants give the most natural look of all, but can be firmer to the touch.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS