Messy suture line and bumps of skin 6 days post op from laser eye lid surgery. Any suggestions? (photos)

The pictures show 6 daps post op after eye lid surgery. I am particularly concerned about the bumps of skin squeezed through the sutures on the left eye. Is that normal? The surgery was with a laser.

Messy Suture Line

As with your previous post, early postoperative questions really belong in the hands of your own Surgeon.  I personally do not see a cause of concern. 

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Incisions generally will not look good 6 days post blepharoplasty

From your photos, it appears as though you are healing normally without cause for concern. Incisions from blepharoplasty surgery are never pretty the first week or so, but after that they begin to flatten out and start to look much better. If you are concerned, please visit your surgeon for a follow-up visit. I hope this helps.

Unfortunately sutures need to stay in much longer when the incision is made with a laser.

The laser sounds sexy but really, cold steel is better.  The laser devitalizes the skin adjacent to the laser cut.  This means that sutures must be left in almost twice as long after a laser incision compared to when a cold steel scalpel is used to make the incision.  Most likely this will all settle down once the sutures are removed.

Post upper lid bleph

If you had a lot of skin to remove you will always have some pleating of the incision early on.  This will flatten out over the next few weeks and you won't see it.  You look good for 6 days.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Suture line after eyelid surgery

The incision and suture line appears this way immediately following eyelid surgery.  The incision should flatten once the sutures are removed and it is allowed to heal over the next few weeks.

Bumps along suture line 6 days post blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your question about the bumps and irregular skin 6 days post op. You look normal for 6 days out from surgery, still with sutures in place. The skin will look dramatically better in a few weeks. 
Good luck,

Post-op

Colleen,

You are still very early in the post-bleph period and your appearance is not unusual for the time period. This should flatten with time and should not cause concern at this juncture.

David S. Felder, MD
Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon