Will my lift be deflated like this forever? (Photo)

I had 475cc silicone implants for 8 years, I wanted them out with lift. Scheduled my appointment to have them removed. Right after surgery they looked great. I thought I was going to have nice perky small breast. I have not lost any weight (that would explain the deflation) its been 3 months after my surgery and my breast are deflated and not perky. Will they be like this for ever? See pic of before, after and now.

Unhappy with lift after implant removal

Thank you for asking about your breast life and implant removal.

You had large implants for along time so all your tissues have stretched. Your breasts were 'perky' after surgery because of swelling. A breast lift cannot give the upper breast fullness provided by round implants.It is possible that you may need a revision to remove more skin or snug up the breasts. Nothing should be done for at least 6 weeks. I suggest you see your own surgeon as well to make a plan as to whether anything further should be done and if what, what and when.

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Revision

A revision to take up additional skin on both breasts should tighten up the envelope and give you a nice shape and contour again, without needing to go bigger with the implants. 

Breast implant removal

You still have further recovery ahead of you, but it is unlikely that you will gain any more fullness in the upper pole of your breasts.  You may need to consider a smaller implant or fat transfer if that is the look you desire.  I encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon so that you can decide on a plan that is right for you.

Camille Cash, MD