Incision opening. (photos)

I had a lift/implants on 8/5/16... My incisions keep opening, and draining yellow fluid/blood along with suture knots. Is this "okay" or do I need to go back to my surgeon?

You seem to be spitting out your stitches. These will be dissolvable and they will dissolve but it is important that you are advised on wound care and minimise the chance of infection. Keep in touch with your PS.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Incision opening

Your surgeon needs to follow this problem closely, The exposed sutures (knots) need to be removed,,,,,  Most important to keep the open ares clean to prevent infection.  You will probably heal without problems, but that depends on preventing infection in the open areas

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Go see your surgeon

Hopefully your surgeon is aware of what has been going on with your wounds recently. It is uncommon for your wounds to split open 4-6 weeks post-op, but you can have some sutures spitting through the skin, and some small areas that open up. You should call to be seen by your surgeon so that he/she can evaluate you and make sure you are healing "ok" for his/her standards. Best of luck

Incision opening.

YES! return to see the surgeon for treatment. Or seek PAID in person second opinions from other boarded PSs in your area.

Incision opening.

Thank you for your question.  This appears to be a reaction to your sutures and should be followed closely with your surgeon for proper treatment and healing.

Best of Luck,

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon