I had a tummy tuck 3 months ago. I have a open hole with stitches popping out. Whats wrong with me?

Open hole after tummy tuck

You may have a wound healing issue due to nondissolving sutures and you should return to your PS for an examination.  Only he/she can determine what the next course of action would be and it is usually to cut the sutures.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Spitting stitches

Stitches can spit out of the wound after tummy tuck. It is quite common.  There is nothing in particular that is wrong with you.

Sutures coming out

This can happen When the wound is closed some of the buried sutures will work their way out o before they are absorbed.They can be removed and the wound should heal fine.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Necessitating sutures can be problematic for months after and abdominoplasty.

Sometimes buried sutures will work their way to and through the skin before they dissolve. This is a wound issue that is easily managed by your surgeon.

Tummy tuck

It is likely a reaction to sutures or a stitch infection. Most surgeons use absorbable sutures that should have gone away by now. Please talk to your surgeon as he is the only one who knows what suture he used. 

Matthias Solomon, MD

Sutures and Healing with a Tummy Tuck

Sutures, making their way to the surface and eventually being spit out is a very common occurrence with a tummy tuck. This can depend on the type of suture used, how superficially it was placed, your reaction to the suture material, and other factors. It is usually a very small problem which can be handled by your plastic surgeon. After 3 to 6 months, this problem usually goes away.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

I had a tummy tuck 3 months ago. I have a open hole with stitches popping out. Whats wrong with me

Nothing. Best to have your chosen surgeon explain suture spitting to you. Otherwise you can seek in person second opinions... 

It appears that you are having a reaction to a suture.  See your Plastic Surgeon for an exam to resolve this issue.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Sutures can appear months after surgery

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

It is always disconcerting to have a small opening long after surgery with a suture popping out.

The good news is that these are usually absorbing sutures your body doesn't want to absorb. 
Arrange to see to your surgeon so s/he can check the opening and remove the suture. 

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.