I am having thigh and arm lifts out of state. Would it be reasonable to fly back home after 2 weeks or should I plan longer?

Healing two weeks after surgery

In most situations, you could get away with leaving the area within two weeks. If there are wound healing issues though you may require a longer stay.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Thigh and arm lifts out of state - how long before flying home?

Thank you for asking about your out-of-state arm and thigh lift.
  • Assuming you are having a medial (long scar) thigh lift, if you were my patient, I would want you to plan to stay two weeks - with the understanding that you might need to stay longer depending on how the thigh lift healed.
  • I assume by out-of-state you mean you are having surgery in the USA by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and will have some kind of caretaker with you for at least five days.
  • If you are having a medial thigh lift out of the country, I think it is ill-advised - 
  • Please arrange a plastic surgeon in Fort Myers to see you in follow-up, if needed, regardless of whether the surgery is in or out of the country.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thigh and arm lift, are 2 weeks enough time to recover?

Thank you for your question. With these two procedure, two weeks should be enough to complete all preoperative preparations and to have sufficient recovery time. There´s a minimun chance that you may have to stay longer if any complication presents after surgery but that's very rare to happen. The most important thing is to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.