Is this healing ok? (photos)

I had my extended tummy tuck with lipo on June 23rd. I haven't been able to see my surgeon for my 1 month check up, the office is 2 hours away. I wanted to ask if I am healing normal? I wear my white binder to sleep and the marena compression during the day. Can I start the silicone strip?

How is my abdomen healing?

Thanks for the question.  From what I can see of your suture line, I believe you are healing well, but I would highly encourage you to consult your Plastic Surgeon instead of asking this question on line.  He or she may recommend removing the steri strips before a treatment is offered for the incisional edge.  I'm my practice I often have patients live quite a distance from the office, but suitable photos sent on line help greatly to give some evaluation.  It also should be easy to arrange a proper time for a follow up visit, particularly when it appears that you are doing well without a definite complication.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Is this healing ok?

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you are healing appropriately. At this time I recommend to see your operating PS for scar management. Best wishes

Is this healing ok? (photos)

Hi, your wound looks good to me.I think is time for your PS to remove your tapes for ventilation of the wound and get it cleaner and dry (which is very important). I do not like my patients to use the binder nor the marena compression garment at night because it keep the wound wet.To use the silicone strip your wound need to be completely "dry, clean and without any crust". This will happen as soon as you remove your tapes.Go to your PS even though is 2 hours away, is very important to keep follow up visits.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Post op

It would be best for you to get in touch with your surgeon about scar therapy.  In fact you can send pictures to her/him...but it does appear you are healing without any signs of obvious problems.  Best wishes!

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Healing Concerns

Thank you for sharing your concern
As I can appreciate you are healing quite well, maybe a change of the strips and creams to help improve the healing.
Best of lucks....

Disnalda Matos, MD

Is this healing ok?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Based on your pictures alone it appears that you are healing well from your tummy tuck, but any changes to your recovery should really be decided between you and your surgeon, so I would advise reaching out to them for advice.  

Is this healing ok?

Not sure? Appears maybe the horizontal incision is not level? Please remove the steri strips and re post photos. 

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point of your post op the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Ask your surgeon

Every surgeon has different post op care. You should get in touch with your surgeon for further instruction on how to go about your recovery from TT.
Good luck!