Not happy with smartlipo results after 5 months? (Photos)

I did smarlipo on my upper and lower abbs and flanks. I followed all the instructions after my post op and wear my compression garment for 8 weeks, eat healthy and minimal exercise.My biggest improvement is my flanks, minimal on my lower abs. But I'm yet to see any result on my upper abs. At this point I think I'm at my final result since there don't seem to be any physical swelling and I am no longer sore. Should I consult another surgeon for a touch up? Or do you think I'm at my final result.

I would not expect much improvement in your upper abdomen and your flanks did well

Smartlipo is a great way to reduce external fat safely. However, your pictures appear that your upper abdomen not being flatter is a result of most of your fat being behind the muscle layer. This will NOT improve with any type of liposuction or Sculpsure. A TT could tighten the muscle. however, if you lost weight, your upper abdomen would get flatter. 

i tell all of my patients that Smartlipo will give a better result, if you also increase your exercising and make better food choices.

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

5 Months After Smartlipo®

Dear Dymeluv,

Thank you for your pictures.  I agree with you that you have some improvement.  Smartlipo® is a very good procedure but for the right situation.  In my opinion, you should visit with other plastic surgeons to get the opinion if other options (more Smartlipo®, Tumescent lipo and/or tummy tuck) are better to achieve your desired results.

Best wishes

SmartLipo results

Thanks for your question and photos. Based on your before and after photos, your results appear great. Optimal results are typically reached between at 6-9 months. If you are still unhappy at that point, you should consult with your doctor about alternate options. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Getting a Hi-def physique--VASER body shaping/contouring

I suggest a consultation with an expert in body shaping / 4D VASER contouring.  This procedure will get rid of fat, tighten skin, reposition fat, and improve the upper/lower abs. See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Not happy with smartlipo results after 5 months?

Thank you for your question. You may have some laxity with intra abdominal Fat causing upper abdomen look like this. I recommend you talk to your PS and start on regular exercise to improve your core strength.

Smartlipo recovery

Thanks for your post. At 5 months, you are essentially at your final result, with only very minor skin tightening that may continue up to 9-12 months total. You did get a nice improvement on your flanks and lower abdomen. The upper abdomen is sometimes hard to treat, and usually patients are seeing more "intra-abdominal" fat as opposed to subcutaneous fat that the Smartlipo can actually treat. Now is the time to get back to exercise. I bet you will see that contour improve with 3 months of that. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon