Can I get a full C or D cup without it looking fake? And about how much would it be for saline implants? (Photo)

I have had 3 kids and i have some extra skin but not too much. I have absolutely no extra fat under my chest and im 5'7" 125lbs. If you need any extra information please just ask.

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question. You are an excellent candidate for breast implants and can have significant improvement in your body image and self confidence. It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Implant size

There are many variables in recommending implant size/type. I base my implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. I do not like to go by the cup size alone. As you know, cup size varies depending on the brand and style of bras. Review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want. Please convey that to your plastic surgeon and see whether she/he can meet your expectation based on your anatomy. More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Patients with anatomies similar to yours have gotten great, natural results from a breast augmentation.  However, please be sure that you see a surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in the breast augmentation.  During your consultation, you can discuss pricing for your surgery.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Implant Selection -- Dimensional Planning a must

You should focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should have been measured and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like pick that style!

Both saline and silicone implants are FDA approved for cosmetic breast augmentation in the United States. Clinical trials demonstrate similar infection, failure and re-operation rates. Neither type of implant causes breast cancer. Despite lawsuits, and internet horror stories, medical studies do not link silicone implants to autoimmune disease like lupus, scleroderma or rheumatoid arthritis. The major difference is how the implants look and feel. In general silicone is softer, lighter and will feel more "natural." Saline is firmer, rounder and gives a more augmented or fake look. These can be positives or negatives depending upon your goals. The main downside to saline is increased scalloping and rippling, meaning a higher likelihood of seeing (visibility) or feeling (palpability) the implant in thin patients. The only two things that control implant visibility and palpability are the device itself and the amount, and quality, of tissue above the implant hiding it. Therefore, the type of implant selected plays a large role in your result in terms of both look and feel. The vast majority of my patients select silicone implants. Interestingly, when we refer to saline or silicone, we are talking about the inner fill material. Both saline and silicone implants have the same silicone shell, so the body is exposed to the exact same material for the majority of woman who never experience a failure. Only if the shell was to fail would the breast pocket and capsule be exposed to the fill material. Saline is absorbed and urinated out, silicone gel remains inert, and except in extraordinary cases, stays within the breast pocket. One factor that should not be considered when choosing saline or silicone is price. A few hundred dollars is a small difference upfront, for a device you may have for decades. Additionally, both implants carry a lifetime warranty against device failure, but the silicone implant includes a 10 year warranty to help pay some of the surgery fees (up to $3500) should the device fail. To put it simply, both have a lifetime “parts” warranty and silicone includes a 10 year “labor” warranty while that “labor” portion of the warranty is an additional $200 for saline, thereby negating most of the price savings.

Best of luck.

Saline implants

It is hardtop tell from your photos but with little fat silicone is the way to go.i also do composite augs wherein I add some of your own fat to your chest wall to make it look more natural especially if you decided to go to saline. 

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

B

Definitely consider sub muscular silicone as this will give the the closest look and feel of natural.  Get your breast measured but avoid going too large definitely not more than 400 as you will feelndsee all the ripples of the implants due to having thin skin.  If you can't afford silicone then consider waiting and saving as I don't think you'll get anywhere near a nice result with saline.  

Breast implant selection

Since you do not have much natural breast tissue you may want to consider a gel implant instead of a saline filled implant as the saline will be more palpable.  Also if you want more of a natural appearance I would at least consider a shape anatomic implant.  For thin women with a narrow breast base diameter you could consider a Sientra round based implant in the 320 cc to 370 cc range.  This should get you close to your goal cup size.  

Implants

A 300-350 moderate profile implant or high profile implant depending on your chest size would give you a nice augmentation in the C cup/D cup range.  The cost is in the $5k range. 

Generally the larger the implant with less breast tissue to more fake you will appear. Best to seek in person opinions from boarded PSs with trying on breast sizers... 

Breast implant sizing

Breast implant selection is best done in the setting of a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Choose your surgeon carefully; this is the most important decision you will make in regards to your breast augmentation. All members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery are board certified in plastic surgery with experience in cosmetic surgery. surgery.org will give you a list of such surgeons in your area.

Come to your consultation prepared to discuss your aesthetic goals - bust fullness, figure balance and breast shape. Bringing photos to illustrate your point can be helpful. After an examination your surgeon will be able to discuss and recommend particular implants that will best achieve your aesthetic goals. Some surgeons will use various tools to help patients choose their implants. Implant sizing, 2D photography, 3D photography and photo gallery review are a few. Ultimately I believe the patient should make the final decision with regards to the implant. I believe the surgeon's role is to offer advice; I do not think the surgeon's role is to dictate which implants patients choose.

Price varies due to many factors. I would suggest that you not compromise on the skill and experience of your surgeon, your anesthesiologist (make sure you have one), or the quality and accreditation of the facility. 

Michael B. Tantillo, MD