Brow lift or upper blephoplasty. Or eye thyroid problem? (photos)

I've asked this before but have been told the angle of my previous photo was not good. So I am submitted a better one. What can I do to make my eyes more even. In this photo you can't tell but I have excess skin over my right eye. But my brow appears to be lower. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

Eyes

I would recommend an upper eyelid blepharoplasty with a canthopexy.  This will remove the excess skin of your upper lid that leads to a tired/angry appearance.  The canthopexy will slightly improve the upward titl of the lateral corner of your eyelids for a more attractive appearance.  Your brows are fine and a brow lift would provide the least benefit.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Upper blepharoplasty or Browlift.

Upper blepharoplasty or Browlift? When u look at your photo you see a sad tired appearance which means you would do better with a Browlift. 

Eyelids, brows, and prominent eyes

Often with prominent eyes (i.e., big, beautiful eyes) and hooding, the brow fat pads and upper lid folds feel heavy on the lids - one perhaps more than the other as in your situation. A good examination would show whether or not you have findings of thyroid orbital problems - holding up the brows and lid folds to see if the lids are retracted, looking up and down to see if the lid lags behind the eye movement, checking with your PCP to see if there is any abnormality on thyroid testing... You are very accurate in your assessment - the skin drapes further down on the right and the right brow is lower than the left. Provided your vision is OK and you are not having other eye symptoms (double vision or other changes), an elective consultation with an Oculoplastic surgeon would provide answers to your questions and options for treatment. Botox in strategic locations may even out the brows temporarily. Ultimately for long term results, you may need brow lifting with or without blepharoplasty. A blepharoplasty alone would allow the brow to come down further on the eyelids - not a natural appearance. Best wishes with your decisions!

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift versus eyelid surgery

From the one very limited photograph, it appears that the position of the brows is acceptable, therefore a browlift is not required. An upper  eyelid procedure can accomplish removing the hooded and excess skin present on the upper eyelids along with fat deposit removal creating the puffy look as well. For many examples of both procedures  and more information, please see the link and the video below