Will I be able to avoid a lift? (Photo)

I lost 40 pounds 3 years ago. I have no kids, I'm 25 with 34 B chest. I realize that my breasts are different from each other, especially the creases/positioning. I've always wanted more volume, a full c, and hope that maybe different sizes would even them up a bit (If my areolas stay the same as they are that's fine with me), I just would hate to deal with a lift: scars or flattening effect, added expense. If an augmentation will provide an improvement from what I have now, I would be happy.

The lift question

Judging from your photo, you can most likely have a primary augmentation without a lift.  As you note, you do have some breast asymmetry but it is not significant and can be dealt with at the time of augmentation.  As always, meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss these issues before you proceed.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

No lift necessary

Looking at your photo I don't think you would need a lift at all. Please see a board certified PS for more information about what size implant and surgical techniques you would need.

Why women hate lifts

Many women refuse lifts because of the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique.For that reason, a new technique was developed called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.You will only need 100 cc implants to create a full C.However, since you have asymmetrical volume, the implants will be different sizes.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lft vs aug

After looking at your photos you for sure do not need a lift.A simpole adjustment of your inframammary folds and an assymnmetrical aug with silicone will do you well.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hello Swee88. Congratulations on losing the weight AND keeping it off! You look great!

In my opinion, your breast skin has probably tightened all that it will tighten and having a breast augmentation alone may be all that you want. However, the breast augmentation may also enlarge the areola and accentuate the differences between the breasts. Lowering the fold under your left breast at the time of your augmentation may help the breasts look more  symmetrical. Saline implants are nice in that the incision is small and the plastic surgeon can adjust the volume to get the best match! Remember.... "Massage, massage, massage" times a  1000 the scar tissue around the implants to get the softest and most natural breasts possible. I usually tell my patients if you find yourself massaging your breast implants in the grocery line while waiting to check out that's probably a good sign that you are massaging the scar tissue as much as possible, but .... You probably shouldn't massage them in the grocery line! 
Congratulations and best wishes!

Deirdre M. Rhoad, MD

No lift needed!

Thanks for your picture and congratulations on your weight loss, just by reviewing it, I believe that just augmentation with do for you. Probably within some years you will need a lift but for the moment it is not necessary. Regards and Good Luck!

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Need a lift?

It's very difficult to answer this question without a good examination. From the photographs, it seems you would do very well without a lift. The implant may have to be placed with the intention to fill the lower pole of the breast, which may make the implants sit a little lower on the chest wall. This in itself is not a problem, especially if it allows you to get a good result without extra scars.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photos, you won't need a lift.  You are an ideal candidate for augmentation and you should get a result from surgery. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lift or not

With your hands in that position in the photo it is hard to say. It looks like your left breast is a bit saggy.  It may need a lift, but it may not.

From your photos it does not appear you will need a lift.  Your nipple areolar will remain asymmetric though.  An actual exam by a board certified plastic surgeon will determine for sure.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD