After removing surgical tape, found this love of skin sticking out. should i worry? (photo)

i am 14 days po and after the surgical tape was removed i saw this little part of the incision sticking out and bleeding a bit underneath it. surgeon says it's normal and that it will flatten out. but im still worried. Also, he said to just put soap and water on it. can i do anything else? will it really flatten out? the rest of the scar is very thin and smooth. thank you!

Should I worry about the tissue sticking out around my tummy tuck scar.

Thanks for the question.  Fortunately the small amount of tissue that is noted will either contract and close off on its own, or at worst a very minor local anesthesia skin excision of this minor tissue excess can be done in only several minutes in the office.  This is all good news for you.  Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Should I worry about this lump of skin after removing surgical tape?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that this has caused you worry. Though your pictures does not demonstrate in detail what this area of your incision looks like it appears that you have suffered a superficial opening of the incision.  This can typically be treated with local conservative wound care by maintaining it moist with an ointment such as Aquaphor and clean gauze until your body heals from the inside-out.  This may take a few weeks to complete.  I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and reassurance. Hope this helps