Can I Get Fullness on the Upper Part of my Breast with Just a Lift No Implants?

Upper pole fullness with The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of implants. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Upper breast fullness from a mastopexy.

Achieving upper pole fullness with a breast lift has been the goal of plastic surgeons for decades. Unfortunately, although many techniques give great short term results the breast will almost always lose this fullness in the upper pole over time. In short, gravity wins. An implant can give long lasting fullness and in most cases does not need to be very large (100-150cc implant). Still, I'd be wary of promises of long-term upper pole fullness without an implant.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants are not necessary to get upper pole fullness if a mastopexy is planned.

Breast implants make the breast larger. If you not want to have larger breasts proceed with the mastopexy only.

Upper pole fullness without implants

can be achieved with auto-augmentation techniques that involve moving tissue from the bottom of your breast and securing to your chest muscles where you desire to have the improved fullness.  Realize that tissue doesn't stay there forever and some degree of drooping occurs over time.  Implants may have a better change at preserving fullness but at additional costs and risks.  It really depends on just how much fullness you are desiring and that would influence what I would suggest.

Curtis Wong, MD

Achieving Superior Pole Fullness With or Without An Implant

In the right patient upper pole fullness can be achieved with use of specialized techniques.  All conventional techniques fail miserably at supporting the upper pole.  The only technique that worls, and it works very well, is called the pectoral sling mammoplasty designed originally by Dr. Ruth Graf.  The pectoral sling technique utilizes a sling made of the inferior superficial pectoralis major muscle and uses it to suspend the tissue that most surgeons throw away when performing a lift.  This tissue is transposed and supported in the superior pole.  There is no other techinique that I am aware of that is this effective.  Companies have developed products designed to offer similar support such as stratice, but these are doomed to failure.

The only other way to achieve superior pole fullness without an implant is fat grafting to the superior pole. 

With implants it is easier, but still not simple.  The commonly used submuscular or dual-plane technique assures that true superior pole fullness is never achieved.  Surgeons try to achieve this by using larger higher profile implants, however when the superior pole of the implant is under functioning contractile muscle the superior pole always flattens and the implant decends.  Some still consider the round full look to be "superior pole fullness" even though it is way too low to tmruthfully be referred to as superior pole.   This is one of the many reasons I use the Cold-Subfascial Breast AugmentationTM exclusively in my practice.  It allows my to customize each detail of the breast's form and achieve a nice gently sloped natural appearing superior pole that is supported and has longevity.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Upper pole fullness without breast implant

Often we do auto-augmentation using the patient's own tissues to fill the upper pole.  In fact, some women say their friends swear they must have implants and the patients say their friends won't even believe them!  The problem is, though, that this "natural" tissue fullness often does not last as long as it does with an implant.

Breast lift

A vertical breast lift will help shift breas tissue more superiorly on your chest and will initially give you more "upper pole" fullness.  It will also elevate the bottom crease of your breast (inframammary fold) so that your breasts sit higher on your chest.  However, over time, you will lose some of the roundness in the upper part of your breast as the breast tissue settles.  Having an implant can help keep the upper pole fullness longer.

Kelly Marie Sullivan, MD, FACS
Annapolis Plastic Surgeon

Fullness post lift

Yes you can and alot depends on the quality of your skin      and how much breats tissue you already have.In the end it dpends on your expectations.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

I can not tell you if a breast lift alone will give you the fullness that you desire without an exam. Commonly patients need an implant to give more fullness superiorly.

Breast lift

A breast lift will reposition your breasts to a more natural or pre-pregnancy position. It will not give you the artificial fullness many women want and get with implants. If you have larger breasts you can get more fullness.

Good luck.