Two weeks post-op Tummy Tuck not sure of results... Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm a 26 year old male. lost 120 pounds on my own. Current weight hovers around 160-170 range. I had a tummy tuck done two weeks ago and I'm not sure what I'm thinking as far as the results go...there doesn't seem to be any definition or contour--I look just as fat as I ever did, especially from the front angle, with the exception of the loose flab at the bottom of the waist. The stomach is flat but I don't know...

Tummy Tuck Post Op

Thank you for your question and photo! You are still way to early to tell! Any questions consult with your plastic surgeon and follow all post op instructions.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Tummy Tuck Post Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's too early to worry. There is still a lot of swelling at two weeks and you really can't judge yet. Everything looks good in the photos for this stage, it's best to wait until at least 3 months out before judging your results. 

Male tummy tuck - where are my results?

Thank you for asking about your
  • I am sorry you aren't seeing results.
  • You are swollen and it will take weeks - in fact months - to see your final result.
  • Arrange to see your surgeon to discuss your results -
  • And compare your before photos with photos done at the visit -
  • It often helps a lot.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Male tummy tuck - where are my results?

Thank you for asking about your
  • I am sorry you aren't seeing results.
  • It often helps a lot.

Two weeks post op

Congratulations on your weight loss and body contouring!  Your skin appears smooth without redundancy which is great.  As for definition, you need to allow swelling to resolve before making any judgements, and the resolution of edema can take months.  Make certain to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon to optimize your post operative care, and try to reserve judgment until your result is more mature.  Best of luck with your recovery!

Two weeks post op

Early postop

You are still very early postop and you cannot judge your result until at least 3-6 months after surgery. Everything will be swollen and will take time. Keep in touch with your PS - I usually recommend compressions garments for 6 weeks postop.

Early postop