What are things I should look for, regarding picking a plastic surgeon? (Photo)

Im 31 years old, mother of two children. I breastfeed both for a year each. I have 500 cc (under muscle) implants currently that I had pre children. Before children, I loved how they look. Now they look like natural big boobs. I know I will need a lift and new implants. But I'm nervous to pick a doctor, any advice is appreciated.

What are things I should look for, regarding picking a plastic surgeon?

Thank you for the important question. Careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision made, especially when it comes to more complicated procedures such as breast augmentation/lifting surgery.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I think you will find, after doing your due diligence, that you will feel comfortable selecting a plastic surgeon. At that point, it will be important that you communicate your goals, concerns, and preferences carefully.  In our practice, the use of computer imaging and goal photographs are very helpful in this communication process.  

Board certified plastic surgeon for breast implant replacement

The Gold Standard for breast implant replacement and breast lift surgery is a board-certified plastic surgeon. Check the ASPS website to find one in your area. Look at a lot of before and after photos before making a decision.