Nipple Not Quite Healing? (photo)

Does my chest look likes it's healing and what type of n Message,and is cardio ok at three weeks,out. I want to know if lymphoma massage is ok for my chest I'm just over three weeks post op. Feel fine but can still fill like some water is still in my chest.

Nipple Not Quite Healing

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Nipple Not Quite Healing?

Best to ask your chosen surgeon if "lymphatic" massages are OK with him/her. I would allow it but you are not my patient. 

Swollen post resection

Since you are about 3 weeks massage and heat would help.This residual swelling will go down over the next several weeks.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Nipple at 13 days post-op

At 13 days post surgery your tissues are still very swollen. If you are concerned about the healng, then I suggest you see your surgeon.

Healing after Gynecomastia

It is hard to tell by your pictures whether or not to be concerned. You should expect swelling at day 13 after your surgery which may be all that you are experiencing. For a better answer, I would set up a follow up appointment with your plastic surgeon.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Incision Healing Normally after Gynecomastia Surgery?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you know, your plastic surgeon is your best resource to determine whether you are healing normally or not. Based on the photographs, I do not see anything specific to be concerned about. However, again for the most precise evaluation, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.